Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a1stump

Any Stump, Anywhere!
Reaction score
I have a SC60tx, SC50tx, and an SC372. My SC50tx grinder wheel is real beat up and ready to be replaced. I have heard a lot of mixed opinions on some of the after market stump grinder wheels, but I want to make the most informed purchase because I know whatever I put on, I will end up using for years.
I have always just ran the wheels that come with the machine, I did switch years ago to the yellow jacket system, which is way better than the old pro style that I grew up using. I want to hear from people that have used yellow jacket teeth and switched to a different tooth style. I grind a ton of stumps, I really would like to cut down on the amount of teeth on the wheel and cost of teeth as well. I've consider green teeth in the past because they appear to be easier to sharpen. But the wheel itself I need to upgrade too! We have a Vermeer dealer where I am located and so that has been a big selling point to just stay with the vermeer teeth, so I don't have to wait for shipping. Also, I've been told that you could eliminate a few sets of the pockets on the grinder and notice no difference in your performance, if anyone has done this, please let me know which ones and I'll give it a shot before making a decision.

I use a Sandvik wheel, otherwise known as the Revolution. Same wheel, different manufacturers. I like it a lot cause it’s super efficient and the chip quality is fine and they don’t spray everywhere.

I have a SC60tx, SC50tx, and an SC372. My SC50tx grinder wheel is real beat up and ready to be replaced. I have heard a lot of mixed opinions on some of the after market stump grinder wheels, but I want to make the most informed purchase because I know whatever I put on, I will end up using for years.
I have always just ran the wheels that come with the machine, I did switch years ago to the yellow jacket system, which is way better than the old pro style that I grew up using. I want to hear from people that have used yellow jacket teeth and switched to a different tooth style. I grind a ton of stumps, I really would like to cut down on the amount of teeth on the wheel and cost of teeth as well. I've consider green teeth in the past because they appear to be easier to sharpen. But the wheel itself I need to upgrade too! We have a Vermeer dealer where I am located and so that has been a big selling point to just stay with the vermeer teeth, so I don't have to wait for shipping. Also, I've been told that you could eliminate a few sets of the pockets on the grinder and notice no difference in your performance, if anyone has done this, please let me know which ones and I'll give it a shot before making a decision.

We (Green Manufacturing) offer high production wheels for every machine you mentioned. If you are currently using the YJ's, we do offer Greenteeth conversions using your existing stock wheel. If your 50tx wheel is worn out and needs to be replaced our Reverse-S wheel is a great option. We offer a 90-customer satisfaction guarantee on all our high-performance wheel kits.

Removing pockets to increase production or eliminate unnecessary teeth positions works great on a select few lower HP machines but it really depends on how the wheel was configured from the factory. If you were to remove pocket positions on your higher HP machines, you would in return decrease your depth of cut without gaining much of an increase in production, for that reason I would not recommend it. The same would apply to your 372 and depending on which stock wheel you have this can also lead to balance issues.

Feel free to call me if you have any questions, I would be happy to explain in further detail.

Back