Best Tree Debris Cleanup?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClimberBusinessman

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
What's the best, quickest way of cleaning up sticks, leaves, and pine cones after all the big branches are picked up after a tree removal?
Right now, I'm using a leaf blower, and hand raking when it gets too "chunky" to leaf blow. Does anyone use a paddle broom attachment, or use a towable rake behind a lawn mower or mini-wheel loader?

Have a bmr rake also. They didn't offer it for a skid loader coupler so I made one that fits my compact tractor. Lawn has to be kinda hard, but works awesome. Also alot of your cleanup is saved by how you cut. The gentler you can be cutting, the less mess you will have. Used a spruce spar as a crane w/ my chipper winch on a ash last week just to save cleanup

I’ve always used heavy-duty pvc coated ground tarps on lawns. After larger wood removal, I pull the tarp(s) over to road/driveway to the chipper. Very little raking. I’m getting old and lazy…..

Had a bmg rake for 6 years its incredible. I rarely hand rake anymore. Bmg then big blower. It does best on the toughest debris which is awesome.

Back