Bf McDonald

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Amato

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a question about my hard hat.what does (b7) and the letter (s) stamped on the inside brim mean?E586DB90-8A44-4173-9EE2-5F646DB19559.png

4 point suspension or 6 point suspension?

my 4 point (at least the one in the house) doesn't have any numbers

But the 6 point has a bunch of random numbers, could be a serial number? or perhaps a patent number? Looks like yours are about as easy to read as mine are... half corroded half full of paint

4 point suspension or 6 point suspension?

my 4 point (at least the one in the house) doesn't have any numbers

But the 6 point has a bunch of random numbers, could be a serial number? or perhaps a patent number? Looks like yours are about as easy to read as mine are... half corroded half full of paint
6 points if you zoom in on the picture it’s on the edge. I recently looked around and found some that also had a (L) stamp around the same spot. Could this be a size? And I also seen some without any stamps .

Might just be something for the manufacturer, like the mold number, batch, etc.

The ANSI Z89.1 standard for helmets has a number of different classifications, but they are usually grouped together on a label; not randomly scattered around the helmet.

Philbert

6 points if you zoom in on the picture it’s on the edge. I recently looked around and found some that also had a (L) stamp around the same spot. Could this be a size? And I also seen some without any stamps .
far as I can tell the "L" is a model designation, the "T" being the 4 point version.

think all the 6 point hats I've seen have those seemingly random numbers, so it seems like a serial # or maybe a manufacturer #

Latest posts

Back