BG86C wont rev

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marlin_Mechanical

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I've got a customers BG86C blower in as it would start and run on choke but would die as soon as you give it any throttle. Its a fairly new fault as its a 2016 model and he's been using it commercially with no problems until a week or so ago.
I've don the usual things, checked for air leaks in the fuel line, replace the air and fuel filter, replaced the plug, checked the spark strength and all seems good. After cleaning the carb in the ultra sonic tank and putting me gaskets and diaphragms in, it still was no better so I chucked a new pattern carb on and it would keep running but not rev very high.
I then removed the exhaust which looked a bit coked up but not to bad but it did have a rattle inside. I fired the blower up without the exhaust and it ran perfectly so a new silencer was ordered. That turned up this morning and after fitting it I'm back to it not revving and dying once it drops back to idle.

(Edit) I should add I've put fresh fuel in and tried swapped it out for Alkylate fuel
What am I missing, every thing seems good but It just wont play ball!

Stew

I've got a customers BG86C blower in as it would start and run on choke but would die as soon as you give it any throttle. Its a fairly new fault as its a 2016 model and he's been using it commercially with no problems until a week or so ago.
I've don the usual things, checked for air leaks in the fuel line, replace the air and fuel filter, replaced the plug, checked the spark strength and all seems good. After cleaning the carb in the ultra sonic tank and putting me gaskets and diaphragms in, it still was no better so I chucked a new pattern carb on and it would keep running but not rev very high.
I then removed the exhaust which looked a bit coked up but not to bad but it did have a rattle inside. I fired the blower up without the exhaust and it ran perfectly so a new silencer was ordered. That turned up this morning and after fitting it I'm back to it not revving and dying once it drops back to idle.

(Edit) I should add I've put fresh fuel in and tried swapped it out for Alkylate fuel
What am I missing, every thing seems good but It just wont play ball!

Stew
Take the new silencer off and tell what happens.

I personally have a BG86C and it did the exact same thing. It was the spark arrester was coked up bad. Check the arrester on both mufflers, new one could be damaged. The arrester screws out just like a sparkplug using same socket.

It runs much better without the silencer off.

The spark arrester doesn't look to be removable on the exhaust fitted to this blower
This is a pic of my spark arrester. It unscrews. Based on my experience you would have to toss the muffler every few years because the internal screen plugs up if it wasn't removable My blower is about four years old.IMG_4204.jpg.

I found a you tube video when I was looking for a solution to my issue. It is about not able to rev up to higher RPMs it said easy fix. You can search for under BG86c problems. It would not play on other sites.

Latest posts

Back