Big block ms180c conversion!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K-techcowboy

N.A.O.T Racing
Reaction score
Has anyone ever done a motor conversion on anything or a company that builds mounts to convert bigger motors into small saws? I'm going to make some to put a ms250c motor into my ms180c methanol saw. I wonder if there would be any money in doing a bunch of different kits to big block your saw?

Has anyone ever done a motor conversion on anything or a company that builds mounts to convert bigger motors into small saws? I'm going to make some to put a ms250c motor into my ms180c methanol saw. I wonder if there would be any money in doing a bunch of different kits to big block your saw?

It would be a very tiny and specific market
To accomplish what?

He's channeling his inner Tim Taylor.

To accomplish what?
More power. I guess i should of mentioned my 180 is a unlimited 30cc class hotsaw in 100% methanol. For what it is its pretty nasty but I can tell the motor is getting weaker and I just have the 250 in pieces and was looking at the 2 and me being me the thought crossed my head. I get bored easily as a motorcycle tech all the simple things like muffler and intake mods are boring. I like to build anything and full send that *****.

It would be a very tiny and specific market

He's channeling his inner Tim Taylor.
Yea I figured that. I wouldn't do it to become a millionaire or something it would be a part of a bigger picture like a performance shop. I just like being different and doing things no one else has. Guess thats why I own 22 patents. Like just this week I got one on a set of 4 point felling dogs for a saw no one has made any for but desperately need. There's a 3 point set out there but it doesn't seem very functional.

More power. I guess i should of mentioned my 180 is a unlimited 30cc class hotsaw in 100% methanol. For what it is its pretty nasty but I can tell the motor is getting weaker and I just have the 250 in pieces and was looking at the 2 and me being me the thought crossed my head. I get bored easily as a motorcycle tech all the simple things like muffler and intake mods are boring. I like to build anything and full send that *****.
Your question reminds me of Joe dirt. Why is air good, why is beer good, why are boobs good? They just are. Lol mo powa mo betta. Who dose this and re balances it?

Attachments

• 20211107_231805.jpg
    20211107_231805.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 24
What would be the point, AND since a motor is provided a source of energy, and an engine creates that energy using a fuel source............you may have found a revolutionary idea! Remove the MS180 fuel tank, and mount the battery receptacle there. That 250's dimensions will place the "motor" 5 1/2" to the side. Yanni's Hairdryer with a chain!

The only dumb question, is the one you don't ask..........

What would be the point, AND since a motor is provided a source of energy, and an engine creates that energy using a fuel source............you may have found a revolutionary idea! Remove the MS180 fuel tank, and mount the battery receptacle there. That 250's dimensions will place the "motor" 5 1/2" to the side. Yanni's Hairdryer with a chain!

The only dumb question, is the one you don't ask..........
You sound dumb just by looking in the mirror much less responding hear. I do things to because of ideas and denying/making fun of someone is what sad cocksuckers do. Do you have children? Would you make fun of them for having an idea about something no one else has achieved? NO YOU ****ING WOULDN'T well unless you were a pos father anyway. Go play with your marbles somewhere else no one here wants to wipe your ass for you.

I like to do the same,

I would swap in the 250, it would be fun little project. I've been thinking about putting a 361 piston and cylinder on the 52cc carcass I have. It'd be interesting to try it.
Yea its funny people asking me why or whats the purpose but no one questions someone putting a twin turbo 1000hp big block in a street car. I would say my main purpose is I can buy a brand new 45cc motor that sceams for $10 more then a 32cc dog once the 32 gives up that is. When I first ran the ms250 I thought holy **** this little guy has some balls for only being a 40cc class saw. Once tuned and very little port work i tossed a 14in bar on it and it became my go to limb snipper. Its a great engine in a terrible chassis as far as working on it and the factory grab bar sticks out like a damn elephant ear.

Yea its funny people asking me why or whats the purpose but no one questions someone putting a twin turbo 1000hp big block in a street car. I would say my main purpose is I can buy a brand new 45cc motor that sceams for $10 more then a 32cc dog once the 32 gives up that is. When I first ran the ms250 I thought holy **** this little guy has some balls for only being a 40cc class saw. Once tuned and very little port work i tossed a 14in bar on it and it became my go to limb snipper. Its a great engine in a terrible chassis as far as working on it and the factory grab bar sticks out like a damn elephant ear.
I read your reply about not questioning when someone puts a 1000 hp twin turbo big block in a street car. The only thing that went through my mind was “is that all you can get out of that combination?”

take that saw and cram the biggest engine you can in there. Then build and mod it to make it scream on the edge of failure. Then when it does explode, build another one thats bigger and better.

we have a lot of timber carnivals and log shows in the PNW. Saw competition is always a fan favorite and great to watch. You’d fit right in with those folks out here.

I love hearing about these builds. Make sure to post about it when the project gets going and completed. Would love to see a video of that girl chewing wood when you’re done.

How would you go about mounting the clamshell 250 motor to the clamshell 180 case? I can't see there being enough room for the bolts where the motor seals to the case without redesigning the case completely and ending up with something that brings you back to a 250.

Your idea would work with a two piece cylinder and many have done it. Think ms440 with a ms460 jug and slug.

Back