Big heavy move,,

Huskybill

Huskybill

Addicted to ArboristSite
I have steel to move, I built a 12,000 lb dual axle trailer. I’m going to install a 1100# hydraulic hoist on something. I have two 75# per foot x 10’ massive I beams to move with other steel. I been saving them. I have 3/8” and 1/2” chain rigging. This will take some time I ordered parts tonight.

maybe a electric winch. Any thoughts?

esshup

esshup

Addicted to ArboristSite
What did you use for axles on the trailer, and what are you using for tires? Do you have brakes on the trailer? For an electric winch, it all depends on how you will get the beams up and onto the trailer. Using ramps, plywood to make a smooth surface and some 1/2" PVC pipe as rollers they should roll easily. You can get a sheet lifter so you can clamp onto the i-beam center web to pull with the winch. https://www.zoro.com/vestil-vertical-plate-clamp-with-chain-1000-lb-cpc-10/i/G5582361/

ChoppyChoppy

ChoppyChoppy

Tree Freak
I bought a bunch of steel from an auction once.
Took 2 flat beds and a trailer to haul it all. Beams, box tube, c channel, etc.

Later did the math and some of the beams where nearly a ton each. 16x16 H beam 1" thick, 12x12 1×2" thick, etc.
No idea how heavy we where, I know I couldn't hit 65mph and I can without too much fuss with 2 cords of wood.

I offloaded them with the 200 excavator, several at a time.

Huskybill

Huskybill

Addicted to ArboristSite
I used the 6,000 lb twin axles. With the correct rated six lug rim tires.
I’m not sure of the web thickness yet, these are giant I beams. I’ll check today. I been thinking of cutting them into a rear tractor weight box.

Latest posts