Big holzfforma black Friday sale!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hosocat

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Ok, i got an email from holzfforma saying they are having a huge black Friday sale. So I went to their site and looked at their sale. What a joke. All the saws that are almost always 20 percent off are now 10 percent off. So this is their idea of a big sale - raise the prices by 10 percent? Someone needs to teach those commies a little bit about marketing.

Ok, i got an email from holzfforma saying they are having a huge black Friday sale. So I went to their site and looked at their sale. What a joke. All the saws that are almost always 20 percent off are now 10 percent off. So this is their idea of a big sale - raise the prices by 10 percent? Someone needs to teach those commies a little bit about marketing.
To be honest with you, they prob know more about marketing than you think.

You mark 'SALE!!!' on something, the price doesn't matter. Most people only care that there is a 'SALE!!'. So, not only did they raise their price, they also made a ton of sales off of that email.

So...who's really the marketing master here? Them.

Price goes up 20% the sale is 10% off they catch on quick to the American ways of marketing. Sales crack me up.

This isn't uncommon. There are many retailers who run sales and mark their prices up from normal.
Up here this is illegal, when they are caught stiff fines are followed.

Sport check has been caught doing it.
Prices go up in the store due to “inflation” or “cost adjustments from manufacturer”... then two to three weeks later, a massive sale with 20% off. If you factor in the cost increases it’s really only 10% off or less...
I worked retail many years and seen it happen, yes it is a joke!

Christmas and after Christmas sales are what I am looking to. I was thinking about the Black Friday Sales, but your right not a big deal. I have sales all the time about one out of every ten gets a call back and I tell them your lucky in that I may set up a wood delivery as long as money is not an important. I probably need a smaller saw like the 372 XP, but would like it to be really on sale. Thanks

Starting my career at an independent pharmacy, owner would have us strip shelves and place in shopping carts, customers would dig through carts, thinking it was on sale for a new plan o gram. Bingo, increased sales.

I’ll wait and see what happens next week. If the prices on the ms070’s drop below $300 shipped, then I might order one and a 66mm cylinder to go with it. It would be fun to have a cheap 090 clone.

Someone's gonna buy themselves a Christmas present no matter whot :crazy:
Not me though, I'll save for that Husqvarna 545v2 if it takes me all next year too.

Up here this is illegal, when they are caught stiff fines are followed.

Sport check has been caught doing it.
Prices go up in the store due to “inflation” or “cost adjustments from manufacturer”... then two to three weeks later, a massive sale with 20% off. If you factor in the cost increases it’s really only 10% off or less...
I worked retail many years and seen it happen, yes it is a joke!

Is that the same as putting 30% off on a few items and jack everything else up 20% to make up the difference? The ol’ while I’m here I might as well pick up this...game.

Yeah to some people the word “sale” means good deal. Lol.....nope! Just because something is on sale doesn’t make it a good deal or mean it’s worth buying.

I'd like to see this again
cAA4CfrltelkWa4FQ_1D1cTmZH3kX3Tg_sIL135M_Br325uAcBth6_I0Dp8EgfmrWR7nAEDc_u5n8C5UYdPH66A7YZhz7Uv5Vq7xAl4JY32flO7fahMlpdmILvVIt9mPzQtLJZL0RWF_Adxj9S0O_DQ66o46yxf36rRrwV8B4VdajMh3OsIrnYyM0b6gqiRUN3SgDjgAnej7psdRqMFK9cRpoI2p0PnzyvJIgPv9CFOlu9e5FxaOqpyXAtFnX02XkFZjpxOuz8FdudBaMhWlQFfabPjVS9hKLfyznQSvcxdQXkA6CGPmyYhKwEh3sk47Corx9zQqBN92O5PzG2BWG3J5kjaQoBfkxNkO-ri0j091ElUWbRKsudbd85-OUaIOK8zob65vHILT1JVmmpvK-7PpWnSfFQcjO0KNRokqtdd3cK2xRFcOSLW6FRvU4Qi5iMDw4QwT9LvJyns5_26PQMrClBRJCJmA3Z2ysRIgfOeuXq3qNO6F9HSR2wTqf-ldp7MS1CxRfjbDI02bhrCbNXdahONVbA8-5OZhpB4-f8JWgG9w4lTIMTte6dZOfpnjkNV7D4flmZ8XIhl5XqPzP0Q0R23kgcrGiE97CFXUGSqe1i25Nxx-oa-XGJ03SRpv0cld1YW0nQ9qfJl2tpcISzcyPjOBNUzb3JD_XXISa3u8LnzpCldf-cOAmpwHt6Wc3lAzyqMcg4EWHAoFoWprGaLrSH_XUQd3SpcIr8ix7Nxlxq4=w974-h480-no

and actually deliver it.

I remember jumping on that deal, but I knew it was too good to be true.

Chinese branded tools definitely have quality issues that can make them of dubious value. I’ve found that for occasional jobs they can be a good choice. I do a lot of remodeling work in my spare time and for those jobs that I don’t expect to do more than a few times in my lifetime I think cheap Chinese tools are sometimes the best choice. I put up a few hundred feet of fencing and a Harbor Freight auger worked great for digging post holes. Their coil nailers worked marginally well for the three roofs I replaced. One out of three of them fell apart, but three HF nailers were still about the same price as one Hitachi.

You definitely wouldn’t want to buy them for daily use as professional grade tools. In that role, the lost productivity and precision makes them unacceptable, but for that one off job they often do fine.

So the prices did come down. A little bit more than I wanted to pay, but it came to $356 shipped for a huztl 070 and a 66mm piston and cylinder. It’s not a Stihl, but considering that 40 year old saws are selling for $1500, I’m thinking it’s a reasonable choice.

Back