Big wind storm the other day

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Was without power for 24 hours, and had two trees come down. One was blocking the driveway, about 60' worth and about 12" at the base. I tackled that one first with the ms261 (love love that saw). The other was a giant that had pulled up the root stump and was hung up in some nearby trees. It was leaning towards the cabin, but figured it wouldn't reach. BUT it was threatening trees that were they to fall would hit the house. Got some neighbors and we pulled it down. Now I get to cut it up and burn the slash, AFTER the snow melts. After 5 hours of dealing with these two trees, it started to snow. First real snow of the season. Not a whole lot, 2 inches maybe, but enough to keep me from going after the giant til later today or tomorrow.

*** sigh *** living it the wilderness...

I was telling my son to clean all the saws we been running and get ready, I’m stocked up on fuel and bar oil. The wind the other day was rough.

I was telling my son to clean all the saws we been running and get ready, I’m stocked up on fuel and bar oil. The wind the other day was rough.

I was thinking I might have to oil and fuel up the brand new ms500i. I do have several trees that the ms261 would not be able to handle, but I suppose I could drag the ms880 into service. Currently it is holding down the work bench, and doing a good job.

I use to sweat out these storms, but slept right thru it all. Only when I got up with the sun did I see all the after affects. Could have been worse, I keep telling myself.

I was thinking I might have to oil and fuel up the brand new ms500i. I do have several trees that the ms261 would not be able to handle, but I suppose I could drag the ms880 into service. Currently it is holding down the work bench, and doing a good job.

I use to sweat out these storms, but slept right thru it all. Only when I got up with the sun did I see all the after affects. Could have been worse, I keep telling myself.
Why torture yourself, get that damn 500 out and fired up put it to work! Lol

Whats a 500i
Is that like pants with funky stiching or didnt meet quality standards

Back