Bioluminescent Firewood!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Took a walk back by the wood pile this evening after I did some splitting, and I was like what's that? a few of the sticks were glowing a bit green. Obviously Bioluminescence was occurring, I figured it must be because some of this old dead Ash was starting to turn so fungus was present, and I've see it before hiking, but never in the center of a freshly split piece of wood. Naturally I had to get out the DSLR and take a long exposure picture, thought it was worth sharing here.

395 ba-0624 copy.jpg

Took a walk back by the wood pile this evening after I did some splitting this evening, and I was like what's that? a few of the sticks were glowing a bit green. Obviously Bioluminescence was occurring, I figured it must be because some of this old dead Ash was starting to turn so fungus was present, and I've see it before hiking, but never in the center of a freshly split piece of wood. Naturally I had to get out the DSLR and take a long exposure picture, thought it was worth sharing here.

View attachment 928714
Black walnut, at least those removed from my property, will bleed a magnificent luminescent green.

Back