Black Friday junk pile find

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe25DA

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
460, 61, 36 and a new top handle husky. The 460 is burnt up but has some good parts. The the 61 is in excellent shape. I haven’t looked into it at all, compression feels good. Same story with the 36. The top handle has been pirated over but a lot left. Someone has to save them from the scrapyard.F37B5B70-1D4F-4651-B730-C965BF614B38.jpegB9C53800-FA48-4588-9EE9-418E3D39780A.jpeg

Is the engine any good? If so I would take it off and put it in the 'just in case I need this in future' pile.
Probably, but I think I have 2-3 L head Briggs and Tecs under a bench already. The engines always outlasted those machines. The bucket bend easy, the steel under the motor is thin and they stress crack from vibration. The mounting point between the tractor and bucket crack for the same reason. The auger gear box fail either at the box or the worm gear shears. We did driveways for years. The most rugged were older Ariens and 8/26 11/32 toros. I’d bypass the hand clutches which slipped and pin the wheel to the axle, get 100% locked. Then bolt rubber on to the impeller blades and throw snow a country mile. I don’t miss it at all.

Where the F is this junkyard? Beverly Hills?

I see s--t saws in worse condition than those with people wanting stupid money for them, haha
I do too. I don’t bother with them. It’s the scrap pile for a dealer in town. They put the saws out. There’s a lot of junk too I don’t put pictures of that stuff. For every good saw haul like this it’s 6 loads of new Homelite wackers and ryobi leaf blowers. Can’t be picky or someone else will get it all. Good guys at the shop. Small crew hard workers.

Latest posts

Back