Bladesmith

bladesmith

bladesmith

ArboristSite Lurker
I'm not that tall. What did they feed you when you were a kid? A whole steer for breakfast, lunch and dinner? I have a movie deal coming up and if you send me some pics I may be able to get you in on it as they are looking for big men. I was a former amateur body builder and that is how I got my foot in the door. I edited my post so check it out and see if I have the right sword or not.

stihlaficionado

stihlaficionado

God of ArboristSite
lol. My lineage is Ukrainian/ German. Both on my mother's side & father's, all tall, broad shouldered.

Yet, I can not stand horses…so I am not living up to my Ukrainian heritage :laugh:

bladesmith

bladesmith

ArboristSite Lurker
You may be exactly what they are looking for. They will pay your air fare and all for the part if you get it. Not a major role but it pays really decent. I'm serious if you are in good shape and have a mean look they will want you. No horses involved.

Thank you Sawing. They really do weigh just around 8lbs. The irish elk sword is probably closer to 7lbs. if one wants to be picky.

I only own old Poulan 306A's and 245's. I don't have much of a use for saws anymore and just collect and restore the old Poulans in my down time in the winter. I know, I know. Poulan is a dirty word to most but I ran a Poulan 306 when I was around 12 or so and that was my first job on a timber site as my dad was the 2nd in command of the timber and saw mill operation. I earned the respect of the guys and that meant alot to me. So I have loved those old saws ever since.

Guys I have got to hit the sack as I have a long day tomorrow. I am in the process of finishing a knife for a government official's nephew and they need it soon. If I have time to take pics of it I will and post them. You guys take care and wish you and yours all the best!

unclemoustache

unclemoustache

My 'stache is bigger than yours.
Took a long time to carve the bronze pieces for both. If anyone doubts me I do have pics of the carvings in process when I was sending them back and forth for comparison to the originals.

Don't doubt you at all, but I'd love to see the pics of the carving in process anyway, and any other pics (especially extreme close--ups) of your craft. Very fascinating!

stihlaficionado

stihlaficionado

God of ArboristSite
You may be exactly what they are looking for. They will pay your air fare and all for the part if you get it. Not a major role but it pays really decent. I'm serious if you are in good shape and have a mean look they will want you. No horses involved.

Thank you Sawing. They really do weigh just around 8lbs. The irish elk sword is probably closer to 7lbs. if one wants to be picky.

I only own old Poulan 306A's and 245's. I don't have much of a use for saws anymore and just collect and restore the old Poulans in my down time in the winter. I know, I know. Poulan is a dirty word to most but I ran a Poulan 306 when I was around 12 or so and that was my first job on a timber site as my dad was the 2nd in command of the timber and saw mill operation. I earned the respect of the guys and that meant alot to me. So I have loved those old saws ever since.

Guys I have got to hit the sack as I have a long day tomorrow. I am in the process of finishing a knife for a government official's nephew and they need it soon. If I have time to take pics of it I will and post them. You guys take care and wish you and yours all the best!

I'll keep my day job… for now :D

bladesmith

bladesmith

ArboristSite Lurker
Got pics of a katana, that is being finished today, to post but can't get them to size up good enough. Like the pic of the sword in the hills. This garbage is what drives me crazy about computers! Any advice would be great. I'm using paint to take the pics off the camera (which look huge on my screen). Better program to do this? What am I doing wrong? Lunch is over so don't have time to mess with this junk.

katana.png

sunfish

sunfish

Fish Head
Katana looks pretty good, best I can tell. What steel? Use clay to get the hamon? Oil or water quench?

I use photo shop to size pics and upload to photo bucket.

Latest posts