Blue Spruce

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would call local nurseries to see what their source for large trees is. You could try large Christmas tree farms as well.

You may want to reconsider your choice, however. Blue Spruce are fairly fragile trees susceptible to a number of fungal pathogens. Those nurseries could consult on an appropriate tree.

if 68130 is a zip code, that is in NE. they will likely have much fewer problems with Blue spruce than we do in the midwest because of lower RH during the early and late growing season. I do tell a lot of clients "don't plant blue spruce...I really should tell you that blue spruce is a great idea because I make a lot of money treating them. But if you want a healthy tree, don't plant Blue spruce".

to the OP's question: 8-10..maybe 12'' are typically largest trees available. There are most certainly bigger ones out there, but I don't see them often. That will probably be a a 2000+ LB rootball.

Alot of the blues down here are dead & dying. They keep the blades on my morbark 17 polished up.

Back