Boom leaking. Need some info please!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Butterwood609

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello
I recently purchased a 2000 GMC forestry bucket and I need some help with the boom. We were working today and I noticed some hydro on the ground under the bucket. Looked underneath and saw it was coming from the pedestal and running down driveshaft. I looked near the orbital motor and saw nothing but looked inside pedestal and saw where its coming from. Ill attatch pic for identification. The boom is a Hi-Ranger but I was wondering if they are the same as Terex?? I really just want to know what this part is called. Any info would be appreciated! Thanks!!

Attachments

• 7826296E-8614-4A75-B60D-7EAA7068AE0C.jpeg
    7826296E-8614-4A75-B60D-7EAA7068AE0C.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 16
Hello
I recently purchased a 2000 GMC forestry bucket and I need some help with the boom. We were working today and I noticed some hydro on the ground under the bucket. Looked underneath and saw it was coming from the pedestal and running down driveshaft. I looked near the orbital motor and saw nothing but looked inside pedestal and saw where its coming from. Ill attatch pic for identification. The boom is a Hi-Ranger but I was wondering if they are the same as Terex?? I really just want to know what this part is called. Any info would be appreciated! Thanks!!
I've had the same thing happen on my altec boom. There should be a gasket kit you can purchase. I had my mechanic take care of it.

Terex makes the high ranger booms. I can’t remember that parts name but it’s not to bad to remove. Do yourself a favor and lift the boom over center before messing with it. It can be done with it cradled but kinda hard to get hands in. Also it’s not the lightest thing to hold and try to align by yourself.

Called the collector. Hydraulic swivel joint. Definitely a seal kit available. Mark the hose locations. Be careful not to damage the seals when putting the collector back together.

Back