Boom truck boom wont move....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jj maso

Reaction score
We have an 86 international bucket truck for sale. i posted on fb to try to figure out a problem and following is the post:
someone came to see the bucket truck to buy it. we ran the boom up then brought it down. the top boom came down and will not go back up. the bottom boom will not come down. never happened before-of course it happened when trying to sell it. we tried to bring it down with the check valves but it would not move. can anybody that really knows help us with this please? mtivanguard v5.

answer. Over center valve inside the upper boom at the elbow is stuck down

me: thank you. How do you get it back in
answer: Take round cover off steel section . Lube with wd-40 pry spool with screwdriver. Spool has a cap that looks like a mushroom

me: we took both round covers off top boom and dont see the mushroom cap. took the lower cover off the bottom boom, not their either. anybody know where this thing is located on this truck?

no answer. does anyone know where this musroom cap is? thank you and thank you.... need to get this boom cradled.

Latest posts

Back