Brand new 365

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbryce19

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
So I'm having a issue with my brand new 365 x torq and dealer has been zero help.

Day 1 ran perfect on some 18 inch birch I took it easy on the throttle
Day 2 of using the saw it was COMPLETELY useless after an hour of use. It would bog as soon as you touched it to a piece of wood... ( 18 in Jack pine)I brought it in dealer said nothing wrong with it.

Day 3 of using it lacks power after an hour of use, constantly bogging down but still use able...I was cutting 15 inch spruce .
The dealer says there's nothing wrong with this saw.

I'm thinking it's a carb issue.. Diaphragms maybe. It seems like it's not getting enough fuel .
What should I do? Or where do I look?

For reference I have been using saws professionally for 3 years

Well first I hit it with my purse, than when that didnt work I tried turning them. You know what? I still can't get it to run better but I can make it run worse

All the way closed on H gave me best results but I couldn't leave it like that.. seems wrong

Set the needles to spec n go from there. If it can't hold a tune it might need a carb kit.

Dunno if I'd ever trust the dealer working on my saws. Tune is never ending. Should always be listening out and the odd tweak here n there

Set the needles to spec n go from there. If it can't hold a tune it might need a carb kit.

Dunno if I'd ever trust the dealer working on my saws. Tune is never ending. Should always be listening out and the odd tweak here n there
Never heard of a brand new OEM Husky 365 needing a carb kit, they are tested - and probably not worn out.

On day 2 I was still using the husky pre mix and the saw could not cut limbs off a jack pine

Idk what the fack is going on with this saw but I could not cut limbs the second time I used it. The 3rd time I was able to buck wood just not very effectively

A video of it running and cutting would give some clues though I guess.
You would have the worlds best experts looking at it and they would certainly be interested in solving your problem.

Another thought - is the fuel line getting a kink or being bent between the tank exit and the carb somewhere under pressure while cutting? If there’s not enough slack, you could be restricting fuel flow.

Back