Brand New husky rancher 450 dying

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you sure? I got this directly from the chap who filmed it who never said anything about that. It’s just lean for whatever reason cus it does run for a while lol
I was pretty sure I seen it before, and they said in the comments they were playing a prank on the guy. I may be thinking of another video, lord knows I watch enough you tube.

I was pretty sure I seen it before, and they said in the comments they were playing a prank on the guy. I may be thinking of another video, lord knows I watch enough you tube.
Na must be another video, this was never uploaded to YouTube, only a private forum, that’s where I asked the guy if I could have the original which he sent lol All good though,
Easy mistake to make - lots of husky’s out there right!! :laugh:

OP sorry to derail your thread. Back on topic we go!

Na must be another video, this was never uploaded to YouTube, only a private forum, that’s where I asked the guy if I could have the original which he sent lol All good though,
Easy mistake to make - lots of husky’s out there right!! :laugh:

OP sorry to derail your thread. Back on topic we go!
I got a 084av fail to start story.... save that for later.

Thought I would post an update. I took it into the shop, and the guy diagnosed a faulty carb. Ordered in a new carb and installed it, and it seems to be working great now. Not sure about the mechanic though, cause the chain was way loose and the carb was way out of adjustment. It would run, but not cut with full power. Took it upon myself to re adjust the carb to factory (I think 1 1/4 turn on both high and low if I remember right, did this a while back), gave it a bit of fine tuning and it's running great now.

Thought I would post an update. I took it into the shop, and the guy diagnosed a faulty carb. Ordered in a new carb and installed it, and it seems to be working great now. Not sure about the mechanic though, cause the chain was way loose and the carb was way out of adjustment. It would run, but not cut with full power. Took it upon myself to re adjust the carb to factory (I think 1 1/4 turn on both high and low if I remember right, did this a while back), gave it a bit of fine tuning and it's running great now.
There is a wide range of competence in shop mechanics, probably most chainsaw dealers have good ones but if you get into general small engine repair shops, you find mechanics who are more familiar with 4-stroke things like lawnmowers but are very weak with chainsaws and have never actually used one.

There is a wide range of competence in shop mechanics, probably most chainsaw dealers have good ones but if you get into general small engine repair shops, you find mechanics who are more familiar with 4-stroke things like lawnmowers but are very weak with chainsaws and have never actually used one.
That makes sense. 2 stroke is a whole other beast. When I went in to complain after getting it repaired, the owner told me it was his best mechanic on it ... Wasn't happy, they put a decent scratch in my chainsaw too. Basically told me "wasn't us, it was you"

That makes sense. 2 stroke is a whole other beast. When I went in to complain after getting it repaired, the owner told me it was his best mechanic on it ... Wasn't happy, they put a decent scratch in my chainsaw too. Basically told me "wasn't us, it was you"
Need to take pictures of everything when you drop it off. Customer of my uncles has a extremely nice Pete tri axle. He took it to get the front end rebuilt and aligned. When he went to pick it up the passengers side hood corner was smashed and the fender tore off. The company claimed it was like that when it came in. Funny part was there was yellow paint transfer all over the hood and a nearly bent over safety pole near the one shop door. He had to sue to get them to fix it. Pics at drop off to and date stamped would have solved that issue completely.

Need to take pictures of everything when you drop it off. Customer of my uncles has a extremely nice Pete tri axle. He took it to get the front end rebuilt and aligned. When he went to pick it up the passengers side hood corner was smashed and the fender tore off. The company claimed it was like that when it came in. Funny part was there was yellow paint transfer all over the hood and a nearly bent over safety pole near the one shop door. He had to sue to get them to fix it. Pics at drop off to and date stamped would have solved that issue completely.
I realize that now. I took a video of the problem, but it was the other side that wasn't shown in the video that was all gouged up. It looked like they put some weight on it and dragged it across concrete, likely to fill the gas/oil. I know I've never done that. They painted the gouge for me, but refused to admit fault or replace the damaged part. Another possibility is that they took apart a few of that chainsaw, and in the time that it took to get my carb in, they lost track of which cover was mine, and threw on the first one they grabbed, which means that someone brought in a gouged chainsaw and got one with a mint cover back.

Back