Brand of chuck and duck chipper? Woodchuck?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Asplundh

That's an Asplundh drum anyway, the rest of the chipper looks odd but maybe its a custom job. That 5th hole is a drive out hole. Pull the short allen bolt out of it and drive in one of the long allen bolts. The block should pop right out.
Good info on the Asplundh drum. But I've had a LOOOONG afternoon after running the long Allen bolt down all the , spraying both sides of the blade and pounding on the wedge bar. Ultimately I drove an appropriate sized chisel along side between wedge bar and drum and it popped free with a very satisfying metallic PING! 2 sides of the width and height of the blade is a lot of surface area to corrode and stick! A very thin film of neverseize ....barely visible amount on the blade surfaces will help, if it's along time between blade maintenance. All bolts need to be inspected and coated with neverseize.

Here is a parts sheet that I put together for the 300 Ford.
Tune-up specs are included.

The blade length will be either 12" or 16".
I set the RPM's at 2000 to 2500, not more not less.
Start at 2000 and see how that works for you.
If the drum bearings have zerk fittings grease them, sometime they are sealed bearings though.
I have manuals so if you need one I'll send it free of charge.

WWW.CALIFORNIATREEEQUIPMENT.COM
Hi CalTreeEquip - can you send me the manual for the WC12? I recently acquired a 1988 with the Ford engine and I need to start breaking it down and putting it back to work. Thanks!

Back