British Columbians Please

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I live south of the border where the Okanagon is the Okanogan. We share smoke. Can you list a good site that is up to date and lists fires when they break out?

Someone who lives closer than I has posted a picture of what looks to be three good sized smoke columns to the north and I can't find any mention of a fire close by.

Thanks!.

I live south of the border where the Okanagon is the Okanogan. We share smoke. Can you list a good site that is up to date and lists fires when they break out?

Someone who lives closer than I has posted a picture of what looks to be three good sized smoke columns to the north and I can't find any mention of a fire close by.

Thanks!.
Will do!, I,m in Peachland 10 miles south of Kelowna

when I lived in Oliver there was a BC wildfire app you could download that would show where the fires were.

Sent from my SM-A205W using Tapatalk

Thanks!.

Have a look through here and see what pops up.

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/safety/wildfire-status

Take care.

Oh my! I hope that is the exception for this year.

I got up to open up the house to what has been 74 degree "coolness" and it was 82 outside. Instead, I turned on the central AC.

It seems that fires keep breaking out closer and closer--kind of marching down the valley. Saw where Oliver has a start and on this side, a barn fire was going and highway 97 closed south of Tonasket. My home town has a large one heading up towards the wheat country--homes are evacuated, and the time of massive fireworks is yet to come.

I find myself looking at Realtor.com houses in the Great Lakes area. :(

Latest posts

Back