bucket truck bucket control hydraulic pressure

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mg1944

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have an MTI lift. It started blowing supply lines up in the platform control valve area. Blew one yesterday and another today. They just popped out of the compression collars. Easy to fix, I just snipped the lines shorter and reconnected them. It has been really jerky and generally too fast to respond when compared to the ground controls, combined with the lines just blowing off the fittings like that, leads me to believe that the pressure setting is too high for the bucket controls.
The manual specifies no more than 300 lbs on that pilot circuit.
And there is an exact location for the pressure regulating valve, right next to the ground control spools, that is diagramed in the book.
The question I have is, to lower the pressure, do I back the screw out or go the opposite way?
All these rigs have to be set up the same, so I'm thinking that some of you out there have run into the same problem and might be able to advise me.
I don't have a pressure gauge, when the controls settle down, I'll know I have it where I want it.
my friends are going to get tired of getting phone calls from up in the bucket to come rescue me real quick....

Back