build off challange

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think youll find that most people have no use for an alky saw on this site. i sold the one i bought from eric after running it 3 times. ive also scavenged all the stock parts off from race saws i had becouse they were of no value to me. im back to all work saws. i think thats how most on this site are. the alky saws are fun to run here and there but i just cant tie the money and time up in them when theres more pressing needs. if i had a disposable income id keep a shelf full of them but thats not going to happen ant time soon.

thats were im at too

I'll hafta enter one of my 390xp race saws that I build - I buy'em brand new, pull the air filter, and I turn the H and L in all the way. Bam - instant racesaw. Gotta hurry up and make yer 3 cuts quick cuz they get real hot real quick.

I'm running a special - only $200 plus shipping for the listed mods. Hurry offer ends soon.

i think youll find that most people have no use for an alky saw on this site. i sold the one i bought from eric after running it 3 times. ive also scavenged all the stock parts off from race saws i had becouse they were of no value to me. im back to all work saws. i think thats how most on this site are. the alky saws are fun to run here and there but i just cant tie the money and time up in them when theres more pressing needs. if i had a disposable income id keep a shelf full of them but thats not going to happen ant time soon.

Woods ported saw build off's are getting a bit old. How many times can we do a woods build off before it is just plain ole boring? I really think these build offs are more of a way for a guy to do some advertisement to gain some market share in the internet woods porting buisness. It is an attempt to be a profit generator, that is okay and all but the way this one is directed I just think there is a agenda to it?

Woods ported saw build off's are getting a bit old. How many times can we do a woods build off before it is just plain ole boring? I really think these build offs are more of a way for a guy to do some advertisement to gain some market share in the internet woods porting buisness. It is an attempt to be a profit generator, that is okay and all but the way this one is directed I just think there is a agenda to it?

OUCH !!!!!!!!!!! :msp_w00t:

Steve

I hear the going rate for Agenda's is $250 plus shipping... :)

frank you guys can build all the race saws you want ill be there to watch them run from the side lines. dont get me wrong, there fun as he ll to run. but i think i like them better when someone else owns them and i just try them out.

I love this site, every night I get entertainment. I don't build saws, but Id sure like watching videos of piped saws screaming threw wood!

frank you guys can build all the race saws you want ill be there to watch them run from the side lines. dont get me wrong, there fun as he ll to run. but i think i like them better when someone else owns them and i just try them out.

I can agree with this too. I love running fast race saws but I don't stand a chance at winning a race or winning any money. Owning them would be cool but I don't know how to operate for **** so owning them and running them at races is only an embarrassment to me and the builder. I just make the saw look too damn slow, I don't know a thing about running them competitively.

Last edited:
i think a lot of my problem with having a race saw is the fact that afer falling timber with a saw for 8 hrs a day i just cant find it in myself to come home and practice cold start racing. and the fact that you have to do so much traveling to race reminds me of racing gncc and i got tired of running around the country just to race a bike.

FUN TO WATCH!!!!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/weezyfiYYGk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/j_MODgaKbA0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BORING!!!!!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/h61QBARJBbM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

i think a lot of my problem with having a race saw is the fact that afer falling timber with a saw for 8 hrs a day i just cant find it in myself to come home and practice cold start racing. and the fact that you have to do so much traveling to race reminds me of racing gncc and i got tired of running around the country just to race a bike.

My problem with race saws is you can't run them all day for fun. The stronger and the faster they run the happier I am - it sucks having a saw that's fast as **** that you're only supposed to fire up at a race once or twice a year for earning money. I wanna run it all the time! Sometimes I wanna go for a 4th cut but bein greedy like that will burn your race saw up for sure....

The alky burners are nice to watch but I have no interest in owning one. I would like to watch the buildoff if you guys do play saws.

I like the idea. Have run many of the as builders saws....most have been very impressive. That being said, I've cut along side many strong saws in the real world with mediocre chains. Who builds the best setup? I don't know but would love to see the battle.

i would like to challane parrisw, ec saws, and any one else that would want in on a friendly 390xp build off.

woods port any chain, sharpened any way you want. pump gas only.

what do you all think?

Dont even get to mix a little oil in with the gas???!!!:dizzy:

I can agree with this too. I love running fast race saws but I don't stand a chance at winning a race or winning any money. Owning them would be cool but I don't know how to operate for **** so owning them and running them at races is only an embarrassment to me and the builder. I just make to saw look too damn slow, I don't know a thing about running them competitively.

I fall in this category too! I'm a terrible cold starter but I believe I can do it and I like to learn new things. I don't care about making money or being the best, it is fun to do and it is a challenge. As far as building race saws I'll never amount to anything but I like the creativity of it and all the hand made pieces it takes to do it, to me that takes real talent to make one, I think it would be a display of ones skills.

Latest posts

Back