build off challange

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tree monkey

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
i would like to challane parrisw, ec saws, and any one else that would want in on a friendly 390xp build off.

woods port any chain, sharpened any way you want. pump gas only.

what do you all think?

I think Eric is a helluva race chain builder too, you may want to reconsider that.

if you want bone stock chain, ok. but you could put 50hp or 100hp on that chain and it will cut the same if the rpm is the same.

your choice

are you wanting to test bulding saw skills or chain building skills? race chains on woods ported saws is not something id go for if the chains and bars are all the same id be a little more interested.

if you want bone stock chain, ok. but you could put 50hp or 100hp on that chain and it will cut the same if the rpm is the same.

your choice

thats why we use standard chain scott. if you can build a saw that will turn more rpm and hold it better in the cut than you win. atleast thats my idea of a build off. all paramiters need to be equal for cutting equipment and the port work will show the skill set difference.

I doubt I can get time to build one but I would rather run off the roll chain for a saw build off. If you want to do a chain build off then it should be on the same saw.

your choice

It doesn't matter to me what the rules are, you're going to have to play by them. It is your call not mine but I know Eric is no stranger to building chains that are fast.

I would think anyone building saws would need to understand saw chain and vice-versa. I have seen where some of the buildoff/races stipulate certain chain,bar, etc, to 'level the field'. Why level it? This sounds like an awesome idea.

I see you guys have races at GTG's and have fun even though saws, chains, operator skill levels are variable. What is not to like?

Tree monkeys are tough to catch. lol

Back