build ported 372xt or ported 372xp?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InTheNorth

Joshua 1:9
Reaction score
Recently purchased a new 372xt. Weighing whether I should keep it x torq and send it off to be woods ported and have the squish reduced as well as removing the intake divider. Or would i be better off ordering an oem 372xp cylinder kit, carb, intake boot and have that woods ported etc...Obviously going with the 372xp option is way more money. Want to have a solid work saw that will perform for many years and make good power. How much difference in power would I be looking at between the two?. Seems like these newer x torq saws are not the same as the 372 oe saws which would last forever if properly cared for. Thanks in advance for any input and opinions

Save money, and just do a muffler mod. The XTorq has a bit more power stock I think.
The muffler will be ported for sure but keeping it stock is not an option for me. Not looking for a 14 pound saw that makes only 5.5hp. Once you're run ported saws the difference is night and day and there is no going back to stock. The 372 xt/xp is a fine saw stock but ported with increased compression is a dream saw

It sounds like you already know what you want to do.
I have a 372XT I put together with a gasket delete and a gutted muffler. OEM top end, it has a limited coil.
I also have a 375xp I put together with a gasket delete and gutted muffler. 75cc OEM top end, it has the unlimited coil.
If I run them back-to-back, I have a hard time telling which one I'm running.
The biggest difference is if I set them down the xt at idle it doesn't idle as smoothly. I've always thought that idle that huge intake causes fuel droplets to drip compared to the 75cc xt.
I don't think whatever you do you can wrong with the 372 series saws.

It sounds like you already know what you want to do.
I have a 372XT I put together with a gasket delete and a gutted muffler. OEM top end, it has a limited coil.
I also have a 375xp I put together with a gasket delete and gutted muffler. 75cc OEM top end, it has the unlimited coil.
If I run them back-to-back, I have a hard time telling which one I'm running.
The biggest difference is if I set them down the xt at idle it doesn't idle as smoothly. I've always thought that idle that huge intake causes fuel droplets to drip compared to the 75cc xt.
I don't think whatever you do you can wrong with the 372 series saws.
Seems like the idle problem is fixed by removing the divider in the intake boots and air filter holder.....there is a long post over on forestry forum about destratifying the x torq with some amazing results. It uses more fuel after but runs a lot better. Apparently EHP has done many and have held up with daily use after years

No it’s not worth swapping an x-torq back to oe when you have to buy all new parts, I have a ported x-torq and a stock one and I actually run the stock one more

Attachments

• 50D490C8-2C85-4991-820B-B8E288756863.jpeg
    50D490C8-2C85-4991-820B-B8E288756863.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 6
I have a ported XT and two ported OEs, the XT runs good but if I could only keep one it would be an OE model. If I was in your shoes I'd try and find the parts needed used to change it over to an OE and then sell the XT stuff. I ported mine myself but if someone like @huskihl had ported it I might feel different about it.

I have a ported XT and two ported OEs, the XT runs good but if I could only keep one it would be an OE model. If I was in your shoes I'd try and find the parts needed used to change it over to an OE and then sell the XT stuff. I ported mine myself but if someone like @huskihl had ported it I might feel different about it.
That black and grey one you did looked pretty strong running to me. I have been fighting the urge to make it a 372 oe....kinda want to use an oem cylinder and piston which is not available here in Canada meaning I will have to pay import duty and once I have got all the parts it will be probably around $400. Confident that Canadian Farm Boy one of our top builders here can make the 372 x torq run the way I want it and will charge me less than the parts to go back to oe. I appreciate your opinion thanks

That black and grey one you did looked pretty strong running to me. I have been fighting the urge to make it a 372 oe....kinda want to use an oem cylinder and piston which is not available here in Canada meaning I will have to pay import duty and once I have got all the parts it will be probably around $400. Confident that Canadian Farm Boy one of our top builders here can make the 372 x torq run the way I want it and will charge me less than the parts to go back to oe. I appreciate your opinion thanks
If I had to pay $400 for parts plus the $ for a port job, I'd also stick with the xt. I'm sure Canadian farm boy could port your saw to run better than the one I did, he builds some nice saws.

Recently purchased a new 372xt. Weighing whether I should keep it x torq and send it off to be woods ported and have the squish reduced as well as removing the intake divider. Or would i be better off ordering an oem 372xp cylinder kit, carb, intake boot and have that woods ported etc...Obviously going with the 372xp option is way more money. Want to have a solid work saw that will perform for many years and make good power. How much difference in power would I be looking at between the two?. Seems like these newer x torq saws are not the same as the 372 oe saws which would last forever if properly cared for. Thanks in advance for any input and opinions
U can use the cases and put a earlier aftermarket non x torque jug ,and piston on it , you need to replace the intake with a round rubber one (smaller in size than the xt) also carb support with cable arm ( The one from holzforma )is great . And it will have a lot more power than before . A guy named the ironhorse chainsaw guy on u tube has a lot of info on it . Be safe hope it helped you

Thanks I appreciate the the input. Looks like I will be doing both. Just had an 372 non x torq OEM 50mm cylinder delivered and a walbro hd-12 carb and am still waiting for the CCC racing 50mm Wiseco piston, holzzforma carb bracket, intake boot and a bunch of other things. Will then be having both the 372 XP and the 372xt cylinders ported but will have the first saw built as a 372 original edition while I look for a blown up 372 to put the 372 xt cylinder on. I know I must love spending money....probably explains why I drive 15 year old cars and trucks. I guess having plenty of good running saws must matter more to me.

Latest posts

Back