• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

BUYER BEWARE

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZinTrees

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
ive seen atleast 3 listings on FB marketplace in two weeks for john deere or kubota tractors with attachments and low hours, for prices of around $1000

all of them say they are listing for a sister or aunt, and to only email the aunt or sister, checking the profiles, there are hundreds of listings of the exact same thing from the same profile, in seemingly every city in the USA

this is a scam, and you will lose your $1000, if you see one of these ads, google the email provided in the listing and see for yourself

I've noticed a lot of ads on Craig's List like this too. $1000 for a boat or a camper which would clearly sell for way more. I followed up on one once. First it was in MO then in MT, but they would pay freight. All I had to do was send them $1000 via PayPal or some other method I don't remember. I finally wised up and let it go. Months after, I saw the same camper with several different contact emails.

im sure my idea is frowned upon, but so is scamming

code a python bot to sent these scammers messages via different emails and Facebook accounts, 2 or 3 messages a second, choosing from a list at random, and let it go for a few months, I bet these people will stop pretty quick

Who would think a deal offering $15k worth of tractor for a grand is anything but a scam?
I admit I fell for it once, but I wasn't versed yet in the prices of used campers. But maybe that tractor you mention is being sold by a little old granny who drove it only on Sundays and didn't know the real value of it? :laugh:

P.S. you beat me to it. Or they had to have a quick sale of it just to get rid of it as in disposal of an estate.

We received a 56k check FedEx overnight from a scammer answering a FB post my wife had up for old restoration parts. Not sure how that scam works but the gent contacted the wife and told her I have your address you will be seeing me, the wife replied please make my day we have ruts from the backhoe that need fill
Bank said routing number was no good

That overnight envelope had to be $40

We received a 56k check FedEx overnight from a scammer answering a FB post my wife had up for old restoration parts. Not sure how that scam works but the gent contacted the wife and told her I have your address you will be seeing me, the wife replied please make my day we have ruts from the backhoe that need fill
Bank said routing number was no good

That overnight envelope had to be $40

It's called check kiting. They're hoping you will cash the check and send them the extra that they overpaid for your item. By the time the check bounces they've gotten a good check from you and you're liable for the bad check.

Back