Caber f cast ring question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rob066

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I just bought a Husqvarna OEM 272 cylinder from Ebay. It is new never used but came with a Caber f cast ring. I read that f cast rings should be used with nikisil cylinders. Would this ring be okay to use in a new cylinder? Or should I move to a OEM ring. Thanks in advance

I just bought a Husqvarna OEM 272 cylinder from Ebay. It is new never used but came with a Caber f cast ring. I read that f cast rings should be used with nikisil cylinders. Would this ring be okay to use in a new cylinder? Or should I move to a OEM ring. Thanks in advance
Aren't 272 cylinders nikasil plated? I thought chrome bores were usually only in old Macs.

All Husky single ring Meteor pistons come with F-cast rings. I believe that Husky used F-cast as oem for their saws, and they are fine in your cylinder.

F-cast are harder rings that take longer to break in. Apparently once broken in they provide a better seal for longer.

Back