Calling all Autotune guru's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J D

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
So recently l have been trying to get a better understanding of the technical side of autotune... I've been quite surprised by how little information is out there, especially from Husqvarna themselves.
Types of things I'm curious about include;
What revisions are there & what changes do the updates make.
Are there hardware & software revisions.
If I have an old saw & it gets updated is it as good as a new one.
What is the correct/best calibration method, & does this change with revisions.
How frequently & under what conditions does it sample & adjust...
I'm not looking to get into "it's great/rubbish because"... I'd just like some well foundered information. Some tech doc's or literature from Husqvarna would be great if that exists.
Cheers guys

I've been told they send a lean pulse from time to time and see how the saw reacts to adjust the fuel settings. I know rpm and temp are watched. Beyond that I haven't gotten a great explanation.

Thanks guys, good information but I wish I could find more...
It's quite surprising Husqvarna doesn't provide release notes or details of improvements to encourage updates. At very least a documented process to cover when, why & how calibration should be performed (or the parameters the saw needs to re-calibrate properly following a significant change)

Only thing needed for us to worry about is a soft reset, if (like you mention) something major is done to it. However ive rebuilt a few auto tune saws and never worried about it. It figures its self out pretty quick. I can't see the point in updating something that works just fine.

the only way you are going to be able to update the software is to bring it to a Husqvarna service center and have them hook it up to the Husqvarna Common Service Tool. its a program only available to Husqvarna Service Technicians. other than that, it is just as simple as start it and run it. Husqvarna does recommend a "calibration cut" of sorts, where you would run the saw at full throttle, partial load for 2 minutes so the Autotune module has time to read all the sensors and make the proper adjustments to the current environment you are cutting in. during that cut you will hear the RPM's change slightly and rapidly as it tunes itself. it will also adjust on the fly as you are doing your cutting. if you google "husqvarna autotune calibration" there are several videos showing and explaining how it does it all

Back