can an 'ultrasling' be loaded in both directions?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cashstore2022

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
can an 'ultrasling' be loaded in both directions?

we're all familiar with the choked configuration of an ultrasling.

I have 20k MBS ultrasling with a Notch #3 x-ring on one end. could I attach a block to the *other* end, and instead of choking it (as intended)... instead treat it like a bomb-proof friction saver... running it over a crotch in a tree in a 'basket' configuration?

again, think friction saver, but we instead of two rings, you have a Notch #3 X-ring on one side and a big impact block in the other.

thanks guys

so you are just throwing the whole thing over a limb as if it were a single "rope" with loops on either end...and then putting the impact block on the second end? Depending on how you attach that block...but yes, no reason it cannot go both directions. Those are just brummel splices to make the loops so they are not directional.

so you are just throwing the whole thing over a limb as if it were a single "rope" with loops on either end...and then putting the impact block on the second end? Depending on how you attach that block...but yes, no reason it cannot go both directions. Those are just brummel splices to make the loops so they are not directional.
yes, just throwing the whole thing ultra sling over a limb or crotch and attaching my big block to the second end.

super helpful. thanks. i assumed it would work.

Back