Can somebody help?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PlayaVerde

Reaction score
My sister-in-law lives in South America and works in forestation (mostly eucalyptus). She will be coming to America in July and is interested in buying tree measuring equipment (both diameter and height). Does anybody know where I can but these tools in the Grand Rapids, Michigan or Chicago areas?
I would very much appreciate any help you can give me by emailing me at [email protected]

Thanks again,
Ed

You can check with Sherrill Arborist Supply, but I don't have a current catologue to see what they have in the way of tree measuring equipment. They not only sponsor this site (link at the top of the page), but I have done business with them for over 6 years and they have always been honorable.

I keep my Sherrill catalog folded up in my back pocket at all times:D They do have a height gauge ( cheap at $12 ) I didn't see anything for diameter.

For measuring height, I would highly recommend a Suunto brand clinometer - in percent and metric scales. Can't go wrong, and so many uses.

For diameter, the sky's the limit. Parabolic calipers are fast, one hand, regular calipers are fine too, but take two hands, and diameter tapes should be a must for someone doing work in research or permanent sample plot maintenance.

Age can be measured with an increment bore - pretty dramatic rings I bet in euc.

Buy good quality, and she'll never regret it.

Back