can you please identify this mystery Homelite?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
this belongs to a friend of mine ( in his 80s). He wants to get it up and running again to cut big wood, however it need a recoil spring, and we don't even know what model it is. Any thoughts from those of you who know these big old homesites? ( he seems to think it's 9 hp!). Also, do you have a recoil spring to sell? thanksIMG_1254.jpegIMG_1307.PNGIMG_1310.PNGIMG_1311.PNGIMG_1312.PNGIMG_1308.PNG

Looks like a 2100 to me but everyone of those I've seen had a black air filter cover...

With the overspray on it though, anything is possible.

@leeha is an expert on the big Homies and would probably know if it's the Super or the earlier 2100.

I agree with it looking like a 2100, the compression release looks right. That said my 2100 came to me with a red AF cover. I can't be sure it wasn't swapped but the patina matched the rest of the saw..

There should be plenty of other big Homelites that used the same recoil spring. @cbfarmall as well would be one to confirm which ones

1050,1130, 3100 come to mind

Years ago when my post count hit 2100 I posted a pic of (12) 2100/2000 and (4) 3100g saws surrounding a vintage Homelife Saws sign. I loved that picture because our beloved family pet "Penny" had to lay out right in front and be part of it. She was my best buddy, a Blue Heeler/Aussie Cattle dog. I know to others the pic was just a pic but to me that was a part of my life. Sadly when the site crashed that pic was lost and I was never bright enough to back up my pictures.

Years ago when my post count hit 2100 I posted a pic of (12) 2100/2000 and (4) 3100g saws surrounding a vintage Homelife Saws sign. I loved that picture because our beloved family pet "Penny" had to lay out right in front and be part of it. She was my best buddy, a Blue Heeler/Aussie Cattle dog. I know to others the pic was just a pic but to me that was a part of my life. Sadly when the site crashed that pic was lost and I was never bright enough to back up my pictures.
Was it this one???

Attachments

• few homelites 2100s.jpg
    few homelites 2100s.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 2
All I can say is oh my good lord YES that is the picture!!!!! My memory has faded as I thought Penny was laying in front but she was in fact in the back. Yes sir that pic was taken in my yard (yes the yard was needing mowed).....

How in the world did you find that picture? I thought it was gone forever. Please tell me somehow you can find the video I posted of me splitting 23 rounds of Locust in 1:23. I had it and about 100 other videos on YouTube but a couple students started messing with me and I deleted all of them. That picture you posted is VERY special to me and the video I lost was just as special. My son and I were in the woods spending quality time. He is probably heading to fatherhood soon and I cherish the time we spent in the woods.

I thank you endlessly for that picture!!!!!

All I can say is oh my good lord YES that is the picture!!!!! My memory has faded as I thought Penny was laying in front but she was in fact in the back. Yes sir that pic was taken in my yard (yes the yard was needing mowed).....

How in the world did you find that picture?

I saved it to my harddrive. Its not impossible to find stuff thats been long deleted. I believe you also had that pic posted on the chainsawcollectors forum

I saved it to my harddrive. Its not impossible to find stuff thats been long deleted. I believe you also had that pic posted on the chainsawcollectors forum
I probably did post it over there but when Magnus "stole" the picture I posted of my Mozwood saw and represented it as his own it got rough, real rough. We went back and forth for a few hours and I deleted most pictures over there. He had done that to the late McBob (Bob Cornwell) also and Bob deleted his pics also. I am so very happy you had that pic, now if I could just find the video Daxon a Jerzik caused me to delete........

How in the world did you find that picture? I thought it was gone forever. Please tell me somehow you can find the video I posted of me splitting 23 rounds of Locust in 1:23. I had it and about 100 other videos on YouTube but a couple students started messing with me and I deleted all of them. That picture you posted is VERY special to me and the video I lost was just as special. My son and I were in the woods spending quality time. He is probably heading to fatherhood soon and I cherish the time we spent in the woods.

You still have a bunch of vids on youtube. https://www.youtube.com/@bgorhamsaws/videos

WOW!!! The video of the splitting is not there but some others are. The one titled "some of friends" was at a GTG just across the Indiana border years ago. I met up with some great AS members than I have not met since. That piped 125 bit me hard at a GTG in north-cental Iowa prior to that video.

Back