Can't have the box ? You can't be serious.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really don’t get the fixation on getting a box . But then again I’ve had some guys buy automotive parts from me just for the box . Specially Studebaker guys but really an old stinky box with mouse urine and god knows what else on display in there home or garage .
Wouldn't you prefer a new unopened box if you were buying a chainsaw compared no box I would. I mean from a person that isn't a Dealer?

Many years ago I had a Husky dealer send me a new 346 in a box. The moron shipped it with the bar and chain on it. He put a gallon of bar oil in the box. Of course when it got her the gallon of bar oil was on the saw. I contacted him and his reply was that was the way they have to ship them.

Well thankfully things have changed. This is 4 new 395's from April 2022 and 4 more new 395's that arrived Monday.

April 2022.JPG

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    399.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    438.7 KB · Views: 0
Many years ago I had a Husky dealer send me a new 346 in a box. The moron shipped it with the bar and chain on it. He put a gallon of bar oil in the box. Of course when it got her the gallon of bar oil was on the saw. I contacted him and his reply was that was the way they have to ship them.

Well thankfully things have changed. This is 4 new 395's from April 2022 and 4 more new 395's that arrived Monday.

View attachment 1053781
What NIB Stihls do you have ?

Must be a new rule if its from corporate level not to let the boxes go. Or its just a$$hole dealers, Stihl has lots of those… Probably 90% of the dealers I have visited over the last 10 years fall into that catagory. When Stihl was the only game in town for serious saws and landscaping equipment, yea, they could be arrogant. ....

I cant speak for 90%, but I can tell you that my sample of 1 experience with a well known Stihl dealer in my area ("oh, a chainsaw? You have to go to ______") led me vow I'd never darken their door again and never buy another new Stihl product again. Period. Hard stop.

Dismissive. Arrogant. Unhelpful.

Back