Can't have the box ? You can't be serious.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did comment earlier in this thread about the no box from Stihl thing. But really, every saw I ever bought was thrown in the back of the truck and taken strait to the work area and immediately thrown into service and then put away wet at the end of the day and I didn’t even think about a box. If I wanted a box I would have gone to Home Depot.

….. except for a 395xp which broke a chain tensioner while putting the bar on it for the first time and went right back in the truck until I had time to fix it. That’s the only new saw that got out of its first day on the job. But we made up after that, I love that saw.

Care to give me the serial numbers that are on the box , and I can find out WHY you got Sthil equipment unopened.
Here is how it is. any dealer that goes belly up, Stihl repossesses all equipment that is BOXED. any thing unboxed they get sued in court for non payment because its been opened. According to their dealer rules and contract ,NO equipment is to be sold in the box unless you are government where as Stihl sends a representative to instruct the end users on the use and safety of the equipment.
If you choose not to its ok, its your prerogative.
What most people do not know is that there is serious **** with two strokes. they are considered dirty and the EPA is all over that.
$17.500.00 fine for removing a spark arrestor screen.
About 15 years ago this guy come in wanting to buy spark arrestor screens, I asked which model, he said I want them all at $5 a pop, NO PROBLEM.
Come to find out they had gone to the other huge saw dealer and cleaned him out also. I think it was Asplundh tree got nailed for, I don't know how many saws for 17.5000.00 EACH. they had 24 hours to be in compliance.
Anyways, about the saws that are still in the box. If you would be kind enough to give me the serial numbers that are on the box. Ill make a phone call and see why.
If you say GFYS, ill, just refer this post to Stihl and because they are national and aside from their own enforcement, they are quite known as friends by the FBI in the USA, I'm sure Canada has an equivalent
As I SAID, NO EQUIPMENT IS TO BE SOLD IN THE BOX, Per Stihl marketing rules period.
And I am sorry to say ,if you do in fact get Busted for this, Posting things that may be stolen on the internet is just stupid.
Yea Yea Yea
i posted the pictures because you basically said i was lying.
I am 100% confident it's not stolen.
I was a bit upset as they were asked to put it in another box,i was hoping to keep it in nicer condition.

I agree. And the question is what do Stihl's competitors do? Guarantee you every other brand will give you the box of the chainsaw you just made the decision to purchase with your hard earned money, no questions asked. Did the saw come in a box? Then you bought the box too if you want it. Simple as that...
Doesn’t matter, their boxes are worthless….

Being a certified stihl mechanic. I can give you the goods on the masterbation over a cardboard box with the Stihl insignia.
Part of being a Stihl dealer, you are covered by their insurance. They pay for the lawyers in your court case.
ANY Stihl product, when sold has to be demonstrated, on how to use to the customer. YOU CAN'T DO THAT WHEN ITS STILL IN THE BOX. Any dealer caught selling products in the box, weather it be on eBay or any other way is stripped of their dealership withing a few weeks. If you find someone selling a Stihl product still in the box. It is most likely a stolen unit. When you take it to be serviced and they run the numbers they call you and say it's ready and instead of you picking up your saw. The cops pick you up.. Quite a few tilmes over the years in my case.
Most small saws come 2 to a box. NONE OF THEM HAVE THE BAR INSTALLED. To be a dealer,you assemble the saw and instruct the customer on how to use it and be safe aside from service tips.
I had no issues giving the box away. But it didn't have the saw in it. Think of Christmas time. Sweetie wants to buy hubby a saw. So after she paid, I gave the box to her and said simply have your husband come and pick it up so I / we can instruct safe usage. So you don't drop start it at wide open throttle your cahonies off for example. Stihl has folks scouring ebay and the likes for equipment in boxes. Because it's most likely stolen.
Most people don't know but write down your damn serial number.
If some asshat steals your saw and you report it, and dipwad takes it to the dealer. You get your saw and he gets free ride from the cops.
I had recovered stolen saws for insurance rip offs and regular saws that were ripped off from the owners buy the run of the mill thief.
You really want the box. Ask them

If you want Stihl boxes for what ever. Check the dumpster.

Stihl will drop millions for lawyer fees to protect a good standing dealer. When you buy a saw a lowes and the chain is on backwards and you ruin the saw trying to cut with it. See how far you get besides a new saw. If you get hurt. Your screwed!,!
Hope what I said puts this thread to bed because there is a very good reason for everything if you take some time and do a little research you can generally find a valid answer..

I Wil in time post about an entire trailer that was full of stihl trimmers that was stolen and how they got caught. It's a riot.
Be safe people and hope well to everyone.
So anyone of us here with a box is a thief? :dumb2: If your saw is stolen and you bought it from a dealer he has the serial #. The box also has the serial # on it and if you have the box you have the serial number. IF I hadn't written down the serial #'s when my 261 and 462 were stolen I at least had the box to get them from to give to the cops. I could have gotten them from my dealer but it might have taken a few days and the cop was here and anything to expedite finding my saws was a help. And yes my dealer put them in the stolen saw database. Please don't call the FBI on me. My dog needs me.

Care to give me the serial numbers that are on the box , and I can find out WHY you got Sthil equipment unopened.
Here is how it is. any dealer that goes belly up, Stihl repossesses all equipment that is BOXED. any thing unboxed they get sued in court for non payment because its been opened. According to their dealer rules and contract ,NO equipment is to be sold in the box unless you are government where as Stihl sends a representative to instruct the end users on the use and safety of the equipment.
If you choose not to its ok, its your prerogative.
What most people do not know is that there is serious **** with two strokes. they are considered dirty and the EPA is all over that.
$17.500.00 fine for removing a spark arrestor screen.
About 15 years ago this guy come in wanting to buy spark arrestor screens, I asked which model, he said I want them all at $5 a pop, NO PROBLEM.
Come to find out they had gone to the other huge saw dealer and cleaned him out also. I think it was Asplundh tree got nailed for, I don't know how many saws for 17.5000.00 EACH. they had 24 hours to be in compliance.
Anyways, about the saws that are still in the box. If you would be kind enough to give me the serial numbers that are on the box. Ill make a phone call and see why.
If you say GFYS, ill, just refer this post to Stihl and because they are national and aside from their own enforcement, they are quite known as friends by the FBI in the USA, I'm sure Canada has an equivalent
As I SAID, NO EQUIPMENT IS TO BE SOLD IN THE BOX, Per Stihl marketing rules period.
And I am sorry to say ,if you do in fact get Busted for this, Posting things that may be stolen on the internet is just stupid.
:laughing::laugh::laugh::laughing:
Don't let the door hit you in the a$$ on your way out. What will you get out of reporting this? NAFT. The country has bigger problems than a couple chainsaw boxes.

Apparently I have a great dealer. Tell him what saw I want and he hands it to me IN THE BOX. All he does is register it ( I just registered my stihl power washer because he got a phone call) and take my money. Always less than MSRP. The pressure washer wasn't in the box because I took the last one they had on the floor.
View attachment 992865
Pa, is just cooler than🤣(minus our Governo🤷‍♂️r) Fl LOL, I ordered my 881 from one of my dealers, and told them not to oil or fuel it as I am sending it out to get ported, and they said no problem. but maybe it helps when i am buying a saw, I don't just buy one, I am usually leaving with 3🤣

We appreciate your knowledge but if the approach you want to take here toward members posting photos of a saw in the box is to contact Stihl corporate and the FBI, please don't come back.

I'm pretty sure the FBI would laugh at Stihl if they called 'em up. alleging that a dealer had broke his agreement.

"Sir, that sounds like a civil matter to me.""

Farmertec should start selling empty Stihl replica boxes. Apparently there’s a good market for it 😂

We appreciate your knowledge but if the approach you want to take here toward members posting photos of a saw in the box is to contact Stihl corporate and the FBI, please don't come back.
Anyone remember this started with, you can't have the box, BUT ended up, you can get it out of the dumpster......

The 500i that I have been on the waiting list for many months finally arrived today. When I arrived to pick it up the wonderful parts lady that I have dealt with for 6+ years had the saw out of the box and on the floor with the B&C and scabbard installed. She picked it up and said, "Let me go in the shop and put some bar oil in it and we'll crank it up." At this point, because I have read this entire thread and was interested how it would go, I asked if she had to do that? She said, "No" and put the saw back on the floor. Emboldened, I saw two 500i boxes behind her. Turns out they got two in their delivery today. I asked and she gladly handed over my box with the matching serial number (still stuck on the box). I think she was a little surprised I even asked and I bet I could have easily gotten both boxes. While I was registering the saw on their in-store kiosk, they carried it to the checkout.

Maybe she "likes" me? People do tell me I'm lucky to have a decent personality. Probably more that this dealership just doesn't care. Either way, I now have a 100% fresh, never fueled past the factory, dry oil tank, registered 500i with the box (and the serial number sticker on the box). The only issue is the box says 500i R on the side but the saw is definitely not a R model and the S/N sticker confirms just a 500i. I'm OK with that.

I guess I can keep buying Stihl saws from them.

I can post pics but I'd hate for the FBI to come after me, my lady friend, or the dealership.

I can post pics but I'd hate for the FBI to come after me, my lady friend, or the dealership.

Just message your serial number, social security, and dealer coordinates to our friend and you’ll have nothing to worry about. I heard Stihl is granting clemency if you name names.

Latest posts

Back