carb.for mac pro 10-10 auto

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poppiecarver15

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
hi new here with a question on carb. rebuild or replacement. i have a pro 10-10 auto i bought new in the 70's without the chain brake. i would like to replace or rebuild the carb. on it the.model # is600013u and serial #11-19560 and on the carb.is marked sog12-37. my question is what carb.rebuild kit or replace carb. to buy and where to get kit or carb. it has a 16 in bar on it and runs fairly well i have adjusted the crab. but sometimes runs funny. this has been a great saw and a beast when running good it will out cut my ms250 with 18in bar any day of the week.i will also be replacing air ,fuel filters and fuel line. thank you in advance for any help,i am sure i am in the right place for this help. thanks Jim

well i rebuild the carb. being careful of the steps ,new fuel filter fuel line and air filter ,set high and low at 1 1/2 turns new plug,it will pop but not stay running.the intake gasket torn coming off and one was not in rebuild kit so i used a perma gasket from a tube,cleaned carb good with cleaner before new gaskets.any ideas or way it will not stay running ,it did not run to bad before rebuild but the saw is old.thanks for any help or advise

well i rebuild the carb. being careful of the steps ,new fuel filter fuel line and air filter ,set high and low at 1 1/2 turns new plug,it will pop but not stay running.the intake gasket torn coming off and one was not in rebuild kit so i used a perma gasket from a tube,cleaned carb good with cleaner before new gaskets.any ideas or way it will not stay running ,it did not run to bad before rebuild but the saw is old.thanks for any help or advise
Could you have possibly blocked the impulse port with the sealant?

well i got a new intake gasket so when i pulled the carb. off the to bu on the impulse port was plugged with gasket material, cleaned out real good and installed new gasket,saw would run if i held it open but lots of fuel in the exhaust ,so i pulled carb. off and i think the little pin was not hooked to the diaphram, was carefull te first time but must of come off .feels better how i can push the little stop on top and it seems to be working. to clod right now to but back on and try but i hope that is what it was.i was getting a lot of gas in the exhaust.thanks for the help and any advise. Jim

Back