Carb issues

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I rebuilt the carb on my paramotor (Walbro WB37 - just a gigantic chainsaw carb), I got sidetracked with it apart, came back later, and installed the gasket above the fuel pump diaphragm, instead of below it. Strange thing is, although it was extremely difficult to start, later it became easier to start, and actually ran this way, which threw off my troubleshooting. It would flip flop back and forth (because it was pig rich - the gasket is supposed to provide space between the disc and the needle lever).

When I got to FL for training, where it averages 30° warmer at any time of year, I couldn't get it to run again. Found a diagram, and realized my mistake. What a difference when everything is right! :D

Screen Shot 2022-01-13 at 11.58.26 AM.png
CB4166C0-B44B-40A9-943D-9F78CB43FD3B.jpeg

Needle seat worn or pitted, possibly varnish or other foreign material stuck on it, needle not sealing completely. Vac test the carb.
Also you can use brasso cleaner on a Q tip to clean the seat as well. Also, may check and be sure your float is not set to high. I would also perform a pressure / vac check while the carb is on the saw. Also wondering about the check valve in the carb, may not be sealing properly

Also you can use brasso cleaner on a Q tip to clean the seat as well. Also, may check and be sure your float is not set to high. I would also perform a pressure / vac check while the carb is on the saw. Also wondering about the check valve in the carb, may not be sealing properly
A float , in a modern chainsaw? That takes me back to the 40-50`s saws.

Doesnt take much to get the old float carbs working well does it Jerry.
Kash

Sent from my bathroom using Crap A Talk
Unless the float is saturated or has a hole in it. I remember my uncle and I soldering up a float on an old Elto. I rebuilt the carb on one of my 1947 Titans and it was just a matter of removing years of varnish buildup, carb tuned in well afterward.

Latest posts

Back