Carb Screw Special Tools - Recommendations?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveSr

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Hello,

Can anyone recommend a good set of carb adjustment tools? I mostly work on Stihl with Zama and Walbro carburetors. Is it possible to get the real OEM tools from Zama or Walbro online somehow?

Right now I am looking for the outer hex drive with the pin in the middle of it.

Thanks,
Steve

I recall reading a post some time back where someone was given a bunch by the local Stihl shop as they had so many they were just throwing them out... I'm guessing that kind of luck would be very dealer dependant, but it may be worth asking next time your passing by one

I recall reading a post some time back where someone was given a bunch by the local Stihl shop as they had so many they were just throwing them out... I'm guessing that kind of luck would be very dealer dependant, but it may be worth asking next time your passing by one
Sounds like that guy should buy a lottery ticket! I think that a dealer can get into a lot of legal trouble and fines if caught selling/giving to a consumer. But then again there would have to be someone from the EPA doing the enforcement.

They were the standard flat screwdriver, not the emission specific ones.
I thought so. I think that I already have a pretty good stash of the orange ones.

Get the kit off evilbay or Amazon.
Yea, these all pretty much look alike with only a couple of variations. I suspect that they come from the same place.

https://www.amazon.com/Dalom-Carburetor-Adjustment-Carburator-Screwdriver/dp/B07Z4HZJJTI liked the (1) very nice! driver holder -and- the complete selection of inserts. It takes up a given space, and seems better than having a dozen driver(s) to sort through and keep accounted for.
I finally decided on this kit as well. Takes up much less space. Also, from reviews, the handle marking on the other single drivers wears off quickly so you still have to look through the bits to find the right one.

Back