Carburetor screws in horrible place. Any advice?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess I’d have to bore holes in the spacer and use longer screws? I’m trying to figure this out myself.
Years ago I built a spacer, adapter for my Pinto Ford.. I used a piece of aluminum. Cut to size leaving spade for bolts. drilled holes. used Carriage bolts.. Set them into a drilled hole. Placed the plate on a hard surface with the bolts hanging free and hit the head of the carriage bolts. The hard steel bolts with that square shoulder forced it's self into the aluminum enough to make marks.. Files them with a small triangle file to size but left them snug..Tapped the bolts in place leaving them sticking out like studs..4 bolts to attach the plate to my Pinto. 4 to attach the carb.. It was a Holly 500.. I put a mild street cam in the motor and built reverse headers, Used a Hush Thrust muffler and installed the engine into a VW Bus..Lifted the front wheels on Take off..I was wild back in 1978. Long hair, NO smoking dope no wild music just a laid back dude who loved to tinker..First child born in 79. I've lived my life in a learning state, No job for to long, lots of education for a few years then on to another adventure.... made lots of friends. Learned a lot.. Even flew air planes, etc.. I moved around a lot. Boy,, I have a lot to think about. Have fun.. YOU can Do it..The best lessons in life is solving problems. Joy in accomplishments. Go get it done..

Back