Careful about buying vintage saws...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm no Mac expert so I had to look at Acres site which I don't trust most the time but he is showing 63-67 and 67-70. And your PM60 shows like 72 to start.
That sounds about right for the PM60, i prefer saws from the 70's to the mid 80's. Its an astetic thing the way they look and the way they sound.

Personally that a little to old for me but its a nice looking saw none the less.
I restored my dads Mac Super 250 we bought in 1970, installed new seals replaced piston and rings, rebuilt the flat back carburetor oh and and a chip for the points and condenser. But this thing while is a running beast with a 28” bar it’s VERY heavy!! Power head weighs 20 lbs. eBay is interesting I’ve contacted the seller before attempting to buy. Of course they can lie but you can blast em for and it stop em or at least slow em down Its when they don’t respond I stay clear. I’m sorry you got lied to. But when you’ve restored it you’ll be proud and a grim from ear to ear when it’s buried in wood.
G

I restored my dads Mac Super 250 we bought in 1970, installed new seals replaced piston and rings, rebuilt the flat back carburetor oh and and a chip for the points and condenser. But this thing while is a running beast with a 28” bar it’s VERY heavy!! Power head weighs 20 lbs. eBay is interesting I’ve contacted the seller before attempting to buy. Of course they can lie but you can blast em for and it stop em or at least slow em down Its when they don’t respond I stay clear. I’m sorry you got lied to. But when you’ve restored it you’ll be proud and a grim from ear to ear when it’s buried in wood.
G
its gonna look sweet when its cutting with the bar i got it

Latest posts

Back