Carlton 7015 TRX V 7015 4x4 all wheel drive

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Remote.

Once you have used cordless remote you'd sure find it hard to go back to levers J.

Wish I could see that machine of yours with the sandvik, sounds like its the ducks nuts.

Good luck with it and make some $$$$'s.:clap:

He told you which is sitting in his basement as a back-up. That should tell you all you need to know right there.

I just sold my 7015 TRX (out of the business all together now) but if I were to get another grinder, I'd be looking for another 7015 TRX without a doubt.
Scott, I hate to hear your out of the business. I really have enjoyed your post over the years. Your posting about the TRX influenced me in getting one. What are you doing now? In regards to the question about my old wheeled machine,it still works great but I have to say I don't miss getting stuck or having to put off jobs till the ground dries up. Also my hands stayed sore from trying to push the machine out of mulch holes and up hills.

Well I picked up my brand spankin new 7015 2wd a couple weeks ago. I ended up with the unit they took to the tcia trade show. First one they've sold with a muffler the sales rep said. The sandvik wheel has hard face welds on the front of the disk to address wear issues. The sales rep also said the angles of the front teeth have been tweaked a little from previous designs. This grinder is a beast. Don't think I will need 4x4 or tracks here. I can't believe I went without a remote for 2 years...
The old timers that still run machines with manual controls don't have a clue what they are missing. Maybe they like eating dust,getting pelted with chips at 100mph and trying to see through a foggy windshield. I;)'m sure we will hear from some 30 year tow behind vets claiming to out grind these new fangled machines. You just have to laugh.

The old timers that still run machines with manual controls don't have a clue what they are missing. Maybe they like eating dust,getting pelted with chips at 100mph and trying to see through a foggy windshield. I;)'m sure we will hear from some 30 year tow behind vets claiming to out grind these new fangled machines. You just have to laugh.

Don't forget the fire ants and the yellow jackets. :)

Scott, I hate to hear your out of the business. I really have enjoyed your post over the years. Your posting about the TRX influenced me in getting one. What are you doing now? In regards to the question about my old wheeled machine,it still works great but I have to say I don't miss getting stuck or having to put off jobs till the ground dries up. Also my hands stayed sore from trying to push the machine out of mulch holes and up hills.

I finally got hired on with the railroad (CN) after 3 years of trying. Perfect timing it seems as the tree/stump business in my area seems to have all but gone away. I still have all my phone book ads out and haven't even gotten a call in over a month.

I finally got hired on with the railroad (CN) after 3 years of trying. Perfect timing it seems as the tree/stump business in my area seems to have all but gone away. I still have all my phone book ads out and haven't even gotten a call in over a month.
Happy to hear you are gainfully employed. Your right about business drying up. I spend $350 per month on yellow page adds plus internet adds and I have had 1 new customer call this month. I have never seen anything like it. I do a lot of contractor and repeat customer work but my new residential customers are really hurting. I guess the good thing is it will get rid of some competition if things ever return to normal. Another positive is i'm 62 and don't have as much energy to work all day like i use to. Hope you have a great holidays and don't forget us on this board.

That is my old carlton machine in those pictures. Still have it in my basement with 2000 hours and still runs great. Those mods really work well. 9500lb winch syn. cable and ride-on t-bar to add weight to front. i posted the pics to share with other carlton owners. Got a 7015trx last year so this machine is my backup.
Do you happen to know where to find the add on wheels for the 7015 I've called dealers and they seem to not be able to get any. Thanks

Latest posts

Back