carlton sp55014 stump grinder hydraulic filter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimma

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Anyone out there have or are familiar with the in tank hydraulic filter on a Carlton SP5014 stump grinder. Its an in tank filter, by myfiltre. (MFX1002A10HBP01. I have been trying to replace the element for sever months. I ordered one from the parts manual but the one I pulled out had a 6 sided star type connection to the intake that fit into a star type base in the tank. Tried Carlton, Filtre, the carlton distributer, Cannot track it down. Order several from compatible charts, but none fit. Any suggestions.

Is this a metal mesh suction strainer?? Or a hyd return filter?? Most metal mesh suction strainers are washable unless torn or heavily embedded with contaminants. Fleet hard or Wix online IPL's are a good source for sizing, micron rating, and media types. Hope this helps you out a little. TImg

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

I believe it is a return filter. They recommend it be changed, or compromise the warranty, after 10 hours of use for a new machine and every 200 after. My Carlton rep sent me one using the part number in the manual, but it didn't have the same "seat" to fit into the receiver end of the tank., I've been searching the internet, including the manufacturer, MPFiltre, since then. Comes from a MYClean hydraulic pump by MP Filtre. I've run every number on the pump, the encasement, and the element itself with no success. The problem with the substitute filters that I have tried, have a round seat with a hole to accepted the output pipe. The seat on the element that came with it has a 6 sided (bolt type shape) that fits into a similar out put in the tank. The only thing I can think of now is to drain the tank and see if the 6 sided receiver is just an adapter for that type of filter element. Sorry for the long rambling reply, not familiar with all the tech language.

Hey TLG, got hold of a rep for MP Filtre in England. He couldn't find any filter elements in the inventory with the same numbers. But he called back later and said he found one and it had the hex intake, but was 6 weeks out. The numbers he gave me were MP Filtre (#8MF1002A10HB01) - hex 25 micron absolute meta 1000 element.The number was identical except it started with 8MF instead of MXF. Tried using his numbers and still couldn't find another anywhere. I found one a while back on a cross reference chart and ordered it, but it had a round intake instead of the hex. But my friend from England sent me an invoice and will hopefully get back to me so I can order it.

What a hassle getting a filter Jim, your just trying to do the right thing!Me I'm in Fla for 6 more weeks, to cold to grind stumps up in Ma.,Take care Jim!

So the company in England sent me a proposal. 6 weeks delivery time, full price of the element, $55.00 for shipping, $15 for brexit charge, and $15 for handling. So I contacted the Carlton rep that I bought the machine from and described exactly what the problem was and how I had already gotten a couple of filters that were wrong and I showed him a picture of the hex connection. An hour later, he called and said he ran it down and overnighted me 2 of the correct filters at no charge. Kudos to All Access Equipment in Ma. (When I got the filters, they came in a box that looked like something and antique would come in.But the filters were fine.) It's not too cold to grind stumps in Mass. if you are a bit crazy like me. But the teeth tend to dull really quickly so it is much slower.You can only handle a few stumps before sharpening up. But I would prefer to do that than
search for unique parts. Enjoy your time in Florida my friend, looks like it will start to warm up next week up here.

Attachments

• image008.png
    image008.png
    101 KB · Views: 3
Good morning Steve/Maine. You are perfectly correct, you can get "about any" filter from parts store. About any didn't include this one unfortunately. Tried many and even ordered a few from cross reference books with no luck. MP Filter couldn't find that particular filter using their own part number. All the cross references come back to the same filter that comes with a round receiving end rather than the hexagon shaped needed.

Back