Carpenter Ants in Willow Tree

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smolenski7

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Is there any way to get rid of these ants? I've tried everything I can think of, or even buy at The Home Depot, to get rid of them. Nothing seems to work.

The tree is definitely starting to rot and the ants are inside of it, taking rotten wood out and piling it up along the base.

Is there any way to get rid of these ants? I've tried everything I can think of, or even buy at The Home Depot, to get rid of them. Nothing seems to work.

The tree is definitely starting to rot and the ants are inside of it, taking rotten wood out and piling it up along the base.
Try Permethrin.

Sprinkle a mixture of Borax and powdered sugar at the base where they come out and give it a week. They will carry the mixture into the nest.
Has worked every time for me. Safe cutting and have a blessed day

Latest posts

Back