Cast Iron Cookware

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When the old stuff becomes too expensive, due to artificially high prices, it's time to look at the new, high-end stuff.

The Field Company - Smoother, Lighter Cast Iron Skillets​

https://fieldcompany.com

'The Field Company manufactures and sells smoother, lighter cast iron skillets reminiscent of the greatest vintage pans. Made in America.'

Philbert
Screen shot 2021-10-01 at 8.21.59 PM.png

I finished seasoning the new-to-me scrounged 12" lodge skillet and gave it it's maiden's voyage after a hard day of work yesterday. Fresh caught white Bass with the last of the okra fried and fresh garden green beans and tomatoes. Accompanied by a couple of beers. I was in heaven.

IMG_0750.jpgIMG_0751.jpg

I finished seasoning the new-to-me scrounged 12" lodge skillet and gave it it's maiden's voyage after a hard day of work yesterday. Fresh caught white Bass with the last of the okra fried and fresh garden green beans and tomatoes. Accompanied by a couple of beers. I was in heaven.

View attachment 933468View attachment 933469
What did you use as breading for the White Bass? Looks great.

That is very sad, that pan had such a long life only to be destroyed by shipping. Griswold collecting these days has gotten expensive. Wagner is catching them on price at the places I usually search, if you can find them open these days. Good luck finding another of that size!
it is why i quit messing with Coleman lanterns... globe last for decades only to be broked because of sloppy packing!

View attachment 933468View attachment 933469
now there is a hardy meal to fill a man up!

Saw this one at an estate sale today. No name on the back. Interesting thing was the raised portion on the cooking side. Apparently to make some kind of pattern / design in a pancake or similar item?

D6DFE862-CA2A-4FAE-A71F-465735BB18D5.jpeg

P.S. from the other items at the sale, the former owner apparently collected Matchbox cars and other auto racing paraphernalia.

Philbert

dont' your eggs ever get stuck to cast iron frying pans ??
no my eggs never get stuck nor does cheese, pancakes etc
If you buy a modern pan it will come rough from casting to save production costs, sand it smooth as a babies butt then season it and it will work better than the garbage modern non stick pans.

I had some old rusted up skillets that needed reworking. I bought one of those sanding disk that fits my die grinder and took them down to bare metal and re seasoned them. I used 120 grit disk and made the inside real smooth and took out all the pits that most of them have. Even a new skillet is pretty ruff. Man I love how smooth they came out and talk about non stick! Smoothing them up sure helped them clean and cook much better.

Back