central mn (staples mn) gtg. early april...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good deal I saw it to. I have one, if that carb has the governor pull the plug and block it and should run pretty good.
There heavy but torque monsters.
Is that saw from USFS?

I have a ms260 I was told has a vacuum leak. A retired Stihl service fellow told me He can replace the crank seals for 30.00 dollars but he's a 60 mile drive. He told me in his 25 years of service he never seen a 026-ms260 crank seals bad. he figures its some crank tube. He told me the name of it but I can't remember.

I have a ms260 I was told has a vacuum leak. A retired Stihl service fellow told me He can replace the crank seals for 30.00 dollars but he's a 60 mile drive. He told me in his 25 years of service he never seen a 026-ms260 crank seals bad. he figures its some crank tube. He told me the name of it but I can't remember.

Here is a screenshot of the IPL on the 026/260. Its pretty straight forward to replace the crank seals on this saw. I can walk you through it if you'd like.

upload_2016-6-15_13-54-19.png

I checked the impulse line and it looked good. Found a loose intake manifold clamp. Snugged it up and the saw cuts through 12 inch oak like its butter( Plenty of power). Idles nice with no hesitation when you hit the throttle. will call it good. DSCN3029.JPG DSCN3033.JPG

I check the impulse line and it looked good. Found a loose intake manifold clamp. Snugged it up and the saw cuts through 12 inch oak like its butter( Plenty of power). Idles nice with no hesitation when you hit the throttle. will call it good. View attachment 508579 View attachment 508580

Hey thats great news! Simple fix then. Glad it cuts with authority now. No problem on the diagram. Clean looking saw too!

10-10 s is that a super?
What parts do you need?. I've got one in the back tore apart and cleaned that I never got around to build.

Hey mortalitool. I have a 10-10 case and P+C with good compression but it needs a donor saw as virtuality everything else was stripped away to build up my 2-10. It's yours if you want it.

If you guys have a GTG this year I should be able to make it. Recently single and nobody to hold me back. Last two years there was always something on the docket for the day of the meet that i hadnt been told about

Back