Chain specs for my antique toy electric saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drinkypoo

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I can't find the chain for my (ancient) Milwaukee 6510 16" electric saw. I do have the part number though, it's 48-58-0016. Unfortunately, this is long NLA so I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what the specs are so I can find something compatible. I know it's a 3/8 pitch chain, but I don't know how many drive links or what the gauge is. The bar is 48-09-5016 (Replace with 48-09-5017, which is also NLA -- my bar is OK though.) I could just put a feeler gauge on the bar? How much slop should it have? Thanks.

I can't find the chain for my (ancient) Milwaukee 6510 16" electric saw. I do have the part number though, it's 48-58-0016. Unfortunately, this is long NLA so I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what the specs are so I can find something compatible. I know it's a 3/8 pitch chain, but I don't know how many drive links or what the gauge is. The bar is 48-09-5016 (Replace with 48-09-5017, which is also NLA -- my bar is OK though.) I could just put a feeler gauge on the bar? How much slop should it have? Thanks.
Count the drive links and Measure the gauge with a set of calipers. There was one of these for sale not long ago near me for $300 still had the tags box manuals everything with it doubt it was ever used.

Can't count the links if I can't find the chain.

I supposedly have the chain somewhere but I've moved twice
Best bet would be to take a string and use to to measure around the bar and sprocket and divide that by the chain pitch doubled(.367 in the case of 3/8 chain) that should get you into the ball park as for pitch idk the manual is still available but I didn’t see anything In There about gauge.

I'd suggest taking it to a shop that can make you a chain... you may pay a little more for the service but it will be "on them" to get it right. Be sure to have them provide you with the exact spec's of the chain they make you for future reference

Yes, I've looked pretty hard in assorted documentation, but I haven't been able to find the specs on the chain. I put in a message to Milwaukee, and they haven't bothered to respond, so I guess I know what tool company I'm never buying from.

Yes, I've looked pretty hard in assorted documentation, but I haven't been able to find the specs on the chain. I put in a message to Milwaukee, and they haven't bothered to respond, so I guess I know what tool company I'm never buying from.
Some times it takes a while I emailed Hobart about a welder I have that was built in the late 40’s and they sent me the manual. The chain that was on these originally was a chipper chain but only thing in the manual was 3/8 pitch nothing about gauge or anything. I really wished I bought that one that was available seems like it might have been a good firewood saw.

Back