Chain tension hole

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire8

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
What size hole does a husq bar have, need to drill out a stihl 28" es bar so it will fix the chain tension stud on a husq

I can check for you. I have ground down the pin on the saw before also. It's a little softer material. .313" or around 5/16".

That should work. I used carbide in a 1/4 electric pencil grinder and go from both sides with a christmas tree burr.

That why you use pet milk best drilling fluid around

I drilled some holes in an Oregon bar the other day with some expensive bits that sucked and ended up finishing with some $12 black and decker set from Walmart. They drilled right through the bar in seconds. Not sure how they did it but I had tried some other bits slow and with mix oil for lube and they just Dulles at the slowest speed I had.

I don't think they make any drill bit are very good any more if they do where do you get them. I going have time to look for some can't get my son to open his shop to busy
Duck hunting he told me it would jan 6 when he goes back to work can't welder to do anything . Haha

The cheap drill bits were softer and flexed under the pressure while still biting. Good drill bits are harder, hold an edge better but will heat up and glaze over causing a dull cutting edge. When drilling hard material use a carbide tip drill bit.

Bosch, Hanson, Osborn make good drill bits & center drills. OSG, SGS makes good end mills for boring and cutting.

I've had a cheap drill bit set that actually bent and twisted open without breaking. Gotta love offshore quality.

Back