• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Chainsaw Collection For Sale

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motobike

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I understand, that I will never get to these saws; better they go to active restorers or collectors.

Also I am prepared for the negativity, that we have seen when someone offers up just about anything on this site. Just remember, you may be selling something that is not pristine, sometime. Just better- If You can't say something good don't display your crude disposition on the internet.

I am still pulling out hidden saws; but I have about 30 with pics, now. Of course I would like to sell all at one time; we will see what happens. I did run a few of these but most came from trade-in's at saw shops. I will note the ones I had running.

The saws that I had running, at one time are McCulloch, 300, the Green Sears saw; both of these were low hour saws; never commercially used. And I had the Homelite 700 D running.

Shipping is going to be the problem; I can see it happening. On the shipping; I live about 40 minuets away from the closest Post Office; and still further away are UPS and Fed-Ex offices. So if someone wants a single saw or so; I will weigh the saw and give you the dimensions, then you can chose whatever shipper You want, These will probably fit in a 12" x 12" x" 12 box, or maybe a 16 x 12 x12 , or even larger, without the bar; if you want the bar, the shipping gets pricey . Send me the mailing label, pay for the box and packing; and then we will box it. So local pick-up is probably best. USPS doesn't usually charge a pick-up fee, at my address,; but FedEx, and UPS does, so we don't usually use them.

I will attach some general pics in this ad but I can get more detailed pics, just tell me what you need.

We have a mix of Mall, McCulloch, Homelite, David Bradley, Remington, Sears, Lancaster, Craftsman, Western Auto
McCulloch 1-43, 200, 300?, 3.25, 35, 300R, Mall 12A, Mall Remington GP, Remington Bantam, DAVID BRADLEY ?, 360 Gear, DB ?, Homelite ?, 420A, 26LCS, 700D- R, Super EZ, EZ, XL, Lancaster L-25, Sears and Craftsman, PowerCraft, Montgomery Wards

I also have about six (6) Homelite 150's, most with cases. All were running, when we were farming, Had a 150 on each tractor and utility vehicle, for that occasional limb or tree falling into the field. Have NOS Homelite parts too w/ manuals. No pics now, at another location.

This is what I have dug out so far, if you take them all, I will take less, Look at them, email me or PM as to what you want to pay. I will respond to all emails or pm's

Email me or PM through this forum

I am located near Altoona, PADSCN2069.JPGDSCN2068.JPGDSCN2065.JPGDSCN2061.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN2046.JPG
    DSCN2046.JPG
    129.1 KB · Views: 110
The approximate dimensions for the Homelite 700D are 20 x 16 x 12, I think. I do know for a fact that it will NOT fit in a 12 x 12 x 12 box, but I don’t know about the others.
In the listing I wrote, " These will probably fit in a 12" x 12" x" 12 box, without the bar; if you want the bar, the shipping gets pricey" . The reference to the bar was in the same sentence.

Yes, that is a big saw, If I took the bar off, and maybe the handle; it may fit the 12 x 12 x 12, but you are correct; some of the saws are larger. We will try to fit them in the best box, that we have at the time.

In the listing I wrote, " These will probably fit in a 12" x 12" x" 12 box, without the bar; if you want the bar, the shipping gets pricey" . The reference to the bar was in the same sentence.

Yes, that is a big saw, If I took the bar off, and maybe the handle; it may fit the 12 x 12 x 12 box. But that is your choice.
The bar's dimensions were not included in the size I quoted. I just packaged a homelite 17 (same saw, different displacement) earlier today, with the wrap handle still on it, and those were the approx. dimensions. I'm not trying to step on your toes, I was just letting you know that at least some of the saws are not 12x12x12.

The bar's dimensions were not included in the size I quoted. I just packaged a homelite 17 (same saw, different displacement) earlier today, with the wrap handle still on it, and those were the approx. dimensions. I'm not trying to step on your toes, I was just letting you know that at least some of the saws are not 12x12x12.
Oh. OK. I never actually measured the big saws in that size box. Tomorrow I have to, run a few errands and was going to stop at U-Haul; and pick up a box, in the dimensions I had. I used those boxes for bulky parts before; but will try some of this stuff.

I'm pretty sure; that anyone interested in those older saws; probably already has a few of them at home.So they will have an idea, what it takes.

I do know that, when I sold or bought saws before; the cutting bar was always a problem shipping with the saw.

I hope someone will come with a truck; I don't want to really mess around shipping.

Thanks for the tip.

Some people asked about a couple of the saws. And of course compression checks. I use a professional OTC, compression tester; no fudging here!
McCulloch 300 and McCulloch 200 in that order
DSCN2204.JPGDSCN2212.JPG

What kind of deal would you cut for the lot of them if I were to drive and pick them up myself? It's a long haul to the west coast, however I'm a huge fan of the older saws... So I'd make that drive

Latest posts

Back