Chainsaw missing days after tree service visit

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let's see.
Tree service that was present inside of a few weeks of the disappearance. Or lunatic you have not seen for at least several years & had thankfully forgotten all about.
Which one would you think of first? Which one would be more immmediate in mind?
The former & latter questions are rhetorical.
Let's pretend they arent.

The Lunatic. For both. The way you describe this guy; if I'm 99 years old and he's been dead for 30 and I stub my toe; I'm thinking "How did he do this!"

Sublet my apartment for one month in college (Technically 3 months, but he disappeared after 1 month)

Returned to find out the guy I sublet to was in jail and discover every interior door kicked off the hinges. The PLASTIC bathroom sink cut up to hell by a razor blade. Holes in the walls; etc. Amazingly Carpet was Ok; so I was able to fix everything else for minimal cost myself before the inspection... then after a days work making the place look new...

They kept my (entire) deposit anyway because the crisper in the fridge was dirty. Lesson learned... Next time leave the place trashed for them.

Let's pretend they arent.

The Lunatic. For both. The way you describe this guy; if I'm 99 years old and he's been dead for 30 and I stub my toe; I'm thinking "How did he do this!"

Sublet my apartment for one month in college (Technically 3 months, but he disappeared after 1 month)

Returned to find out the guy I sublet to was in jail and discover every interior door kicked off the hinges. The PLASTIC bathroom sink cut up to hell by a razor blade. Holes in the walls; etc. Amazingly Carpet was Ok; so I was able to fix everything else for minimal cost myself before the inspection... then after a days work making the place look new...

They kept my (entire) deposit anyway because the crisper in the fridge was dirty. Lesson learned... Next time leave the place trashed for them.
I don't quite understand your analogy. Could you expand?
As for the practices of landlords, I've heard from several people that often they are out to get every penny they can. I pray that I'll never have to be a renter. My ARM mortgage has doubled in the last few years, the biggest hike sponsored by the bump in interest rates.
That's already enough....

Or-
Sorry guys I messed up, I accused a tree service of stealing my saw when they plainly did not and I am sorry for both jumping to conclusions and posting them on here, sorry.
Notice how I'm not incriminating anyone because I'm not using names?
I'm definitely not sorry for applying the simplest of logic to a problem where there is no downside to applying such logic. Like previously mentioned, I didn't go off half cocked, casting accusations upon the suspects without more than a hunch. I prepositioned the idea with others, & mulled the possible scenarios over.
You know, when something blows your mind a little bit, it's sometimes fun to share the news with others. Maybe I've got the first ever sentient machine, moves itself around on its own accord.

Just a strange place to be going into all that detail. On a chainsaw site.
No stranger than a guy publishing pictures of his bare ass, more than once. Yet he was one of the most highly respected AS members to date.
You just wait till I get involved enough to get the PC out. This is all on a cellphone.

Not really an analogy. My point was that he sounds like the kind of person you should suspect first in any shenanigans for the rest of time.
Understood & agreeable to that logic.
Problem was I had truly forgotten of his existence, though. I don't use Facebook or any of that stuff, so it's pretty easy to forget someone once they're no longer in the IRL, or in real life, picture. Thinking back though, another former friend reached out to me randomly just prior to this event.
As you stated, not knowing one another makes it difficult to convey thoughts on the personalities of people who you do know.
I wasn't even looking for the saw when I spotted it on the bookshelf. How on God's green earth could I have not seen it previously?
There were some clues to tell me that someone might have been in the house, but without missing anything or remembering that this guy is alive, I minimalized the several L&M menthol butts here & there, & the cheapO foodstuffs that were too new to have been left by the old tenant. If you knew this dude, you'd be like "OH ****, that sounds just like something Z*** would do!!
I can actually hear him now, "You left your makita on the porch, luckily I saved it from being stolen by putting it in the house for you, man. Tighten up"

And maybe you just forgot where you put the saw..................

I understand that you find it unfeasible that this happened. But here is the proximity of everything. An arm's reach away.
One of best gifts God gave me is 20/15 vision.

There is simply no way that I didn't see F-ing thing whilst repeatedly walking to the shed, basement, front porch, back to the box, and again, and again. Every time I got to the box, I'd think, "where could it be?" as I looked in all directions.. gimme a break!20230511_145525.jpg

I don't quite understand your analogy. Could you expand?
As for the practices of landlords, I've heard from several people that often they are out to get every penny they can. I pray that I'll never have to be a renter. My ARM mortgage has doubled in the last few years, the biggest hike sponsored by the bump in interest rates.
That's already enough....
ARM, adjustable rate mortgage, you cant be serious!

Or-
Sorry guys I messed up, I accused a tree service of stealing my saw when they plainly did not and I am sorry for both jumping to conclusions and posting them on here, sorry.

I didn't post them on here, you absolute genius!

Somebody comes over to your house, then some **** goes missing.

Tell me mensa man, what would your omnipresent mind tell YOU?

This **** is starting to get stupid now.
That's where I let you think whatever in hell you want to. I've got no incentive to care what any of you think.
Peanut brigades usually have trouble with abstract thinking, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.
It's 4:10 I'm done watching stocks, &
I'm also done with this for today.

This
I didn't post them on here, you absolute genius!

Somebody comes over to your house, then some **** goes missing.

Tell me mensa man, what would your omnipresent mind tell YOU?

This **** is starting to get stupid now.
That's where I let you think whatever in hell you want to. I've got no incentive to care what any of you think.
Peanut brigades usually have trouble with abstract thinking, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.
It's 4:10 I'm done watching stocks, &
I'm also done with this for today.
This thread was getting pretty stupid from the get go- you know what they say about assume eh?
Conclusion jumping and guilt by assumption is why you have a legal system in Democratic lands- to stop lynching's and false accusations.

Look, OP was mistaken. Didn't drag anyone specific's name through the dirt and admitted their mistake when they discovered it. Is there maybe a lesson there about quick judgement that they can learn? Sure, but bickering and name calling isn't helping anyone. Points have been made and it's just making everyone look bad to keep rehashing them in progressively more immature manners. OP found their saw. It's a happy ending.

I understand that you find it unfeasible that this happened. But here is the proximity of everything. An arm's reach away.
One of best gifts God gave me is 20/15 vision.

There is simply no way that I didn't see F-ing thing whilst repeatedly walking to the shed, basement, front porch, back to the box, and again, and again. Every time I got to the box, I'd think, "where could it be?" as I looked in all directions.. gimme a break!View attachment 1081990

I have zero doubt that your eyes picked up on the info. Did your brain perceive it is an entirely different matter.

This isn't a dig against you, this is just being human. We are imperfect machines.

I lost my wallet earlier this week. Finally found it out in the shop, in a pile of crap from the hardware store that I carried in from the car. Nobody stole it, I just brain farted. It happens.

Latest posts

Back