Chainsaw missing days after tree service visit

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have zero doubt that your eyes picked up on the info. Did your brain perceive it is an entirely different matter.

This isn't a dig against you, this is just being human. We are imperfect machines.

I lost my wallet earlier this week. Finally found it out in the shop, in a pile of crap from the hardware store that I carried in from the car. Nobody stole it, I just brain farted. It happens.
Have you ever looked at options spreads? The Greeks (Delta, Gamma, Theta, Vega) implied vol, open interest, prob. ITM & OTM, % change, & many more if you desire. Plus of course strike prices. If you can, have a look and tell me how convoluted & confusing it all is. Yet I don't have my brain going on vacations while trying to make a few bucks.
And then in the inverse, I can't see a chainsaw sitting on a bookshelf in front of me?
OKAY GUY.
Perhaps what you're saying that I do with makita chainsaws, is also what you do with words..

This

This thread was getting pretty stupid from the get go- you know what they say about assume eh?
Conclusion jumping and guilt by assumption is why you have a legal system in Democratic lands- to stop lynching's and false accusations.

So I came here asking you ****ing people to help me accost & prosecute, WHO?

The way you talk , I'm not even allowed to ****ing utter a word about those noble tree gods. Sounds like a great way to sponsor crime. Sounds like a leftist hellhole.

****off....

You're human. Of course you make "mistakes" or miss things with options spreads.

This isn't a big deal, although it is kind of amusing to the rest of us, in a trainwreck kind of way.

Think I'm done here. Once again, good luck with the rest of your life.

You're human. Of course you make "mistakes" or miss things with options spreads.

This isn't a big deal, although it is kind of amusing to the rest of us, in a trainwreck kind of way.

Think I'm done here. Once again, good luck with the rest of your life.

Yeah, such a train wreck! Doing my best to manage 2 homes whilst taking care of my now late grandmother along with making a living.. I think I might be out of your league, but that's just me acting like the assumptive peanut brigade.
& while my suspicions were purely speculative, you've seemingly built a little hill to die on. Keep your luck, I'll try to rely on skill.

I just got done mowing my grass & look what I found on the ground next to my backyard man gate.

20230511_192301.jpg

So I came here asking you ****ing people to help me accost & prosecute, WHO?

The way you talk , I'm not even allowed to ****ing utter a word about those noble tree gods. Sounds like a great way to sponsor crime. Sounds like a leftist hellhole.

****off....

It doesn't take much to infuriate the elitist Chainsaw users on this site. I'm glad you got your saw back. :yes:

Found it!

Came back 2 days ago since last being up here, when I publishing this thread.

The saw was sitting on a bookshelf by the kitchen, about 5' from the box it came in, which was sitting on a dining chair. The box I kept coming back to & searching it's proximity since the damned thing wasn't anywhere else.

I looked at that bookshelf....
I see that bookshelf whenever I go to the kitchen, or dining room, or living room, or back porch. I
I sat & stared at that bookshelf while I thought about where el saw could possibly be.
Plus, I only put muscle saws on indoor furniture, not the opposite. There's no fun in staring at this.

View attachment 1081824

Last cutting I had done was on the Crepe Myrtles in my front yard. The dust covering it now is pine. Including a small dob of sap next to the dawg on the oil tank.

The new suspect is someone who I had forgotten all about. An acquaintance from years ago who has a penchant for being sneaky. & going way to far with it.
Squatting in basements & camper trailers. Parking in other people's driveways late at night. Borrowing things without asking. Guy was coming over here periodically, always uninvited. I got security through my internet provider, which had to have ceased the unauthorized visits inside. The tenants didn't want to pay for it so I ditched it. People like him though, they check back, they make rounds. He's been doing it for years.

Now the ground level basement window with the broken latch makes sense. The problem is that I secured that window before leaving. So there's a breech elsewhere. The other problem is that he could've just left the saw where he found it. Gotta make a weird passive aggressive point though. Who knows what else has been pilfered with. I say with because he always returns ****.

Don't be friends with children of weirdo hippies. Pretty sure guy was born defective due to all of the partying his parents did.
Why else would you fire a shotgun out of a sunroof at Big Lots & then run from the law?
Why else would you lay down on a train track & let a train it run you over? Why else would you sleep with your father's girlfriend? His Dad blew his brains out shortly thereafter. At a highschool new year party he got my girlfriend hammered enough to cheat. Stepped out to go to the store, & they were gone when I returned 20 min later. She was trash anyways.
The list goes on, too
Couldn't make it up if I tried..

Anyways, in typical fashion, he returned the **** he "borrowed" so, whatever..
Time to get the security system going again.

On a semi related note, don't rent to friends.
if you do, definitely don't rent furnished.
Most all of my silverware is gone, & instead is a bunch of greasy commercial kitchen trash (pilfered).
Tableware is 75% gone.
Theres a big crack in the door of the farely new microwave.
Sofas are toast.
Dining room table has burn marks all over it from the marijuana concentrates being smoked carelessly.
The TVs have an almost impenetrable iridescent film on them.
Carpeted basement stairs, toast.
The walls have 100% more holes than before, (The biggest looks like someone fell down the first flight of basement stairs & crashed their head into the landing wall ROFL!)
In higher traffic areas the baseboards are all chewed up looking.
Light fixtures are brown from nicotine, (no cigarette smoking allowed) many of wich without a working bulb.
One of the bathroom floors has been completely destroyed. The tiles came up by hand! With almost rotten wood underneath. Every bi-fold closet door has been torn off of it's upper track guide.
The dishwasher no longer works. The washer no longer works.
Had to replace the heatpump & air handler, dont even know what happened there, but the AC stopped working. It was old, but it worked well until the new residents got half way through a summer. I had planned on replacing the units, but I wanted to do it on my own schedule.
The front storm door looks like it was operated with a mallet. It was a few years old when they arrived.
There's stuff all over the walls, yellow & brown spots..
A sea of dust bunnys spans the kitchen ceiling, to a lesser degree, the rest of the ceilings.
The ceiling fans are so full of dust that they're out of balance.
Both front & back porch steps seemed to have aged 30 years.
The finished basement smells like wet dogs. The french door to the back porch was rid of most of it's weather stripping, causing rain water to get past the threshold & sill plate, destroying the laminated wood flooring in the basement.
I'm sure the drywall is horrifying where the water was running.
The more frequently used door knows were all loose.
The exterior door that separates the finished & unfinished parts of the basement looks like it was operated with the same mallet, door knob barely hanging on.
The concrete pad outside of the laundry room door was allowed to get buried by yard matter & eventually dirt, causing water to flood into the laundry room.
The laundry room floor drain was clogged with dog hair to exacerbate the problem.
I've been working on things for around 3 or 4 weeks cumulatively so far, & I'm still finding ****ed up **** everywhere.
The top floor master was off limits, it's where I put all of my things. No reason to go up there, yet the brand new carpet now looks like it's been there for 10 years. I had not stepped on that carpet with a shoed foot before I left.
This all happened in under 3 years.
& the house was not at all in disrepair when I left.
Aside from not having been updated with things like new windows, appliances, & fixtures, it had no problems to speak of. It did have clean walls as the paint was under 3 years old when I left.
& to top things right off, they left their own massive sectional sofa in the basement ( the horrendous dog smell), bags & bags & bags of clothing, a handful of rickety end tables & chairs, & a complete toddler's bedroom with boxes & boxes of toys that I guess aren't important.
Oh, & the dogs lived in crates all day, even though I have a fenced-in backyard with a doggy door. They would escape & Im sure go hunting for females. 2 border collies who do nothing all day every day. That's evil. That pissed me off. Man that pissed me off. To ****ing lazy to walk a dog & shovel dirt for 30 seconds.

This filthy lazy MF tenant cooks your food, by the way.
He's a chef!!

Almost all of my childhood friendships are over, long since over. Really the only people that were & still are worthwhile are the ones I met while living in rural eastern Oregon around Ironside, Unity, Herford & so on.
Rant, done.
Wow, this nonsenical keyboard diatribe belongs on social media, not on a forum about trees and chainsaws......what a completly miserable life when these little details upset your apple cart......you need a Dog.

Wow, this nonsenical keyboard diatribe belongs on social media, not on a forum about trees and chainsaws......what a completly miserable life when these little details upset your apple cart......you need a Dog.
We're at the vet right this moment.

SO EAT ****, ************. Don't like it, don't read

Attachments

• 20230513_123453.jpg
    20230513_123453.jpg
    7.8 MB · Views: 0
Her regular vet forgot to put refills on her phenobarbital script. They wouldn't call one in since I'm out of town so I went to the emergency place near by. It is nice!
That is going to cost a penny or three.

I would contact the owner of the tree service and politely challenge him to see if he will cave. Outside of that you are probably out of luck.
Agreed. Do that immediately. If there's more than one guy in the crew it could have been anyone, but the owner needs to hear about it right away.

The issues I mention have nothing to do with the state of the house.

Some random tweaker from years ago broke in twice, to use your saw, and then return it? You really think that's more plausible than you used it yourself and misplaced it?

Sure, install all the security you want, put air tags on all your gear too. You might also want to talk to a therapist or counselor.
Break in to steal+Break in to return one said item=BS

Break in to steal+Break in to return one said item=BS

How does one break in to
an unlocked shed, Bill?

Pretty sure you just flip a latch.

You sunsabitches can say whatever you'd like.
I'm not out of a saw & security will be back up within days.
Must suck living such boring lives that what I outlined is too much for you all to comprehend.
Drinking kills that pain though, huh.

Back