Chainsaw missing days after tree service visit

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a great reminder of how ****ed in the head some of you are.

This McC 250 was advertised as running with no issues.

Some of you defended the seller, which is laughable. As the carb was able to be peeled off of the ****er by hand.
20230513_155739.jpg

How does one break in to
an unlocked shed, Bill?

Pretty sure you just flip a latch.

You sunsabitches can say whatever you'd like.
I'm not out of a saw & security will be back up within days.
Must suck living such boring lives that what I outlined is too much for you all to comprehend.
Drinking kills that pain though, huh.
Well i guess you have one fine shed then from the pictures you posted. By the way the term you use to describe the structure is irrelevant..

Found it!

Came back 2 days ago since last being up here, when I publishing this thread.

The saw was sitting on a bookshelf by the kitchen, about 5' from the box it came in, which was sitting on a dining chair. The box I kept coming back to & searching it's proximity since the damned thing wasn't anywhere else.

View attachment 1081824

...................Now the ground level basement window with the broken latch makes sense. The problem is that I secured that window before leaving. So there's a breech elsewhere. ......................
Couldn't make it up if I tried..

I understand that you find it unfeasible that this happened. But here is the proximity of everything. An arm's reach away.
One of best gifts God gave me is 20/15 vision.

There is simply no way that I didn't see F-ing thing whilst repeatedly walking to the shed, basement, front porch, back to the box, and again, and again. Every time I got to the box, I'd think, "where could it be?" as I looked in all directions.. gimme a break!View attachment 1081990
Yep looks like a shed to me.................................

Well i guess you have one fine shed then from the pictures you posted. By the way the term you use to describe the structure is irrelevant..

Yep looks like a shed to me.................................
You forgot the pickup location.................................................................

Read more carefully..
I did.

You said........
The Makita battery powered chainsaw that I wanted to return due to being gutless as can be, disappeared from my shed after I had a tree service come clean the limbs from a few trees I fell. They came on the 31st of last month.
I don't live at the house so I have no idea when it happened, but when I went to get it from the shed on the 14th, it was gone.

It doesn't take a genius to put things together.
Then you said......
Found it!
......................The saw was sitting on a bookshelf by the kitchen, about 5' from the box it came in, which was sitting on a dining chair. The box I kept coming back to & searching it's proximity since the damned thing wasn't anywhere else.

View attachment 1081824
I agree is not take a genius to figure it out.........stolen from your shed and found on your bookshelf by the kitchen......

You are correct. I cannot process that you claimed a saw was stolen from your shed and "found" on a bookshelf near your kitchen. I am betting I might not be the only one either.....................

I think that's very understandable.

As I mentioned, people were squatting in my camper trailer, while it was at the storage facility. They apparently do the same thing here when they know the place is vacant. Recently it's been vacant.
Oh & the dog door in the basement door allows entry for those willing to crawl through it.
The door that separates the laundry room from the finished basement is the one that had the knob almost falling off.
I'm not at all familiar with B&E skills, but I can take a wild guess..

It's almost like none of you have ever had bad friends before.
I know that can't be the case..

I think that's very understandable.

As I mentioned, people were squatting in my camper trailer, while it was at the storage facility. They apparently do the same thing here when they know the place is vacant. Recently it's been vacant.
Oh & the dog door in the basement door allows entry for those willing to crawl through it.
The door that separates the laundry room from the finished basement is the one that had the knob almost falling off.
I'm not at all familiar with B&E skills, but I can take a wild guess..

It's almost like none of you have ever had bad friends before.
I know that can't be the case..

Some of the people here are the bad friends, so they can't always see things from your side.

They just took the makita. The only other saws in the shed are an ms170, a derelict 028wb, & an xl12. The two 42" Cannon bars are still hanging there. The weedwacker, still there.
I did find that one of my basement windows was missing half of the locking mechanism. Definitely not something I did. It could've been the tenant that broke it, but thst seems unlikely.
Everything is still in the house.
I had 2 of those harbor freight tarp garages in the driveway for years. There was tons of items to pilfer in them & nothing ever vanished.
I do need cameras, I just don't want ones that are on a network. I'll be spending roughly half of my time there until I've got enough of a refresh done to get it back on the rental market.
I think I'll talk to the neighbor who calls me any time he sees someone other than myself over there.
all them saws in a shed with no lock, either your too trusting or something else. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back