• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Chainsaw Slab Milling for newbie

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ehingerc

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi. New here. I’m a woodworker hobbies and plan to get a few trees cut down in my yard and want to slab out the logs to use/sell the slabs. And I want to be able to use it in the future as well. I’m looking to get a 28” chainsaw but don’t want to break the bank(under $1k). Someone has a used husqvarna 372xp power head he will give me for $700 and I’d just have to buy the bar and chain separately. I don’t know much about chainsaws so would this be a good deal? If so what type of bar/chain should I get? Thanks

Hi. New here. I’m a woodworker hobbies and plan to get a few trees cut down in my yard and want to slab out the logs to use/sell the slabs. And I want to be able to use it in the future as well. I’m looking to get a 28” chainsaw but don’t want to break the bank(under $1k). Someone has a used husqvarna 372xp power head he will give me for $700 and I’d just have to buy the bar and chain separately. I don’t know much about chainsaws so would this be a good deal? If so what type of bar/chain should I get? Thanks
I'm a Stihl user but $700 for used 372 power head only seems a little steep unless close to new. I think you could find a nice 066/660 or 385/390

Not sure on what you're slabbing but ~90cc saw is a good place to start.

I picked up a r40 partner 6.1/100cc for a mill. I’m thinking I’m well under $750 for everything. Another choice is a Husqvarna 2100 saw. Go for the 100 cc power.

Try this link, but substitute AboristSite for the ********. Echo is a good company, and if Stumpshot went through it, it'll be in good shape. https://************/threads/saw-garage-clean-out.24699/
I made an account and everything but it won’t let me comment or message him at all. It says I don’t have enough privileges or something 😔

Back