• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy chainsaw tach

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the one i bought requires me to attach 2 wires and its a bit of a pia. If you have an extra that is wireless and isnt very expensive let me know, thanks
I have had good luck with the ProLine tachs. They aren’t over priced imo.. seem to be consistent and fast. They don’t hold the top RPM number for any amount of time, and You can use it with or without the wire.

thanks, so that one seems to work ok without wires? I didnt understand what you meant bout not holding the top rpm for very long? ( is that a good thing or not?)
Some tachs like the pulse brand which are pretty spendy will show the top rpm number for a second or 2 for the tach read during that rev after you pull it away. It’s just a feature that some have and others don’t. Check out hotsaws101 on YouTube and you can watch him use his. And yes the proline works good without the wires and I believe it’s supposed to be 100% weatherproof. I definitely like it over the Stihl EDT-9. I’ve used mine in all weather conditions, left it out on the pickup one morning after warming the saw up and it was 2 degrees outside and after about 2 hours I used it again and it worked how it was supposed to.

thx, think i will get one. I'm near ashland, where are you? david
I’m just over the hill from ya. I took some videos of the tach yesterday for you and it sat in a enclosed canopy in the back of a pickup all night Saturday. So it was cold.. I did the Husky and Stihl to show you that it will work through the plastics of the Husky and of course right next to the plug with the Stihl..

Attachments

• IMG_0649.MOV
    19.7 MB
  • IMG_0650.MOV
    30.8 MB
I’m just over the hill from ya. I took some videos of the tach yesterday for you and it sat in a enclosed canopy in the back of a pickup all night Saturday. So it was cold.. I did the Husky and Stihl to show you that it will work through the plastics of the Husky and of course right next to the plug with the Stihl..
And... I don’t know why the videos won’t work..

I use the Fast Tach, but it is expensive. I bought one off Amazon that I gave to my kid. It was less than $30. Try that tach without wires. The one that I got from Amazon, worked fine without the wire. Just hold near the spark plug.

Latest posts

Back