Chainsaws and Lifelong Friends Raffle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After much discussion the decision has been made to let this run another 4 weeks.

The draw date will be June 24th.

That should give everyone another chance to get in.

Thanks to all who have donated so far, time to give a little more and let’s see if we can’t blow that goal away.

After much discussion the decision has been made to let this run another 4 weeks.

The draw date will be June 24th.

That should give everyone another chance to get in.

Thanks to all who have donated so far, time to give a little more and let’s see if we can’t blow that goal away.
Ding $9585 at this now

Just so that it is clear for everyone when it is time for the drawing of this raffle @Jon1212 or I will start a new thread. We will post the prize list at the top and then a list of 61 different names, plus 5 alternates.

The lucky ones can then line up and start making their selections.

If there is anyone that objects or has concerns about how the drawing will take place they can speak with Jon privately and he will issue them a refund. He does reserve the right to decide on the packaging of said return...

Just so that it is clear for everyone when it is time for the drawing of this raffle @Jon1212 or I will start a new thread. We will post the prize list at the top and then a list of 61 different names, plus 5 alternates.

If there is anyone that objects or has concerns about how the drawing will take place they can speak with Jon privately and he will issue them a refund. He does reserve the right to decide on the packaging of said return...
$9705 near noon Central standard time

Sorry guys... I get a little carried away with VF.

A few years back, on a different forum, he mentioned having a bunch of used cylinders for sale, but he refused to do any of the work to sell them himself, despite many members expressing interest in them... I offered to help him sell some used cylinders on this (and another) site, and it turned out to be a ton more work than I had anticipated. I told him up front that I would do it in my spare time, as a courtesy to him, and also to the guys interested in buying good used cylinders. I told him that it might take months, because I was very busy. He proceeded to send a box with a few dozen cylinders, poorly packed in newspaper, with very little padding in the box. A couple of the cylinders were broken in shipping, many of the cylinders had transfer that needed to be cleaned up, and many of them were complete junk with scoring. There was four or five Poulan clamshell engines in there, which I didn’t even think were worth shipping. I also had to do some detective work to find out what many of the other ones fit. He left it up to me to price the cylinders, and I think I priced them fairly (at least in my mind).

Despite having told him that it was something I could only do in my limited spare time, he kept calling me asking me when I was going to start selling them. I did sell some of them, and although I sent him every penny of money I made off the cylinders, minus shipping, he started a thread accusing me of stealing from him... eventually, I sent back what I hadn’t sold, and washed my hands of the whole mess.

Needless to say, I don’t think very highly of Nate.

Is this thread some kind of inside joke? Over two and a half month raffle for moving expenses for someone who was constantly a pain in the ass at this site and openly expresses his hate of it?

Has anyone called California to see if he is even allowed back? WTF?

Is this thread some kind of inside joke? Over two and a half month raffle for moving expenses for someone who was constantly a pain in the ass at this site and openly expresses his hate of it?

Really? Those who have donated prizes appreciate Jon for reasons different than the opinion expressed^^^. That it's taken a bit longer than expected to reach the goal IMHO speaks more to it following so close on the heals of this community assisting another member. Total prize value is a multiple of total donation sought. So about sixty people have donated prizes and funds. IIRC there are close to 120 $ donations with time left. Those who want a better chance at having their name pulled often make a final donation near the close. So I'm thinking your opinion is in the minority since funding got over $10k a few hours ago

So does Choice go in order that the names are drawn or is it a free-for-all among who gets to the list first if there's 60 people and the first one gets first pick their prize off the list is that how we're going to do it?

Typically first draw, first choice - second draw, second choice..., and so on. The process will take a fair amount of time with the large number of items involved..., as in several days. The last big drawing was done in stages to keep confusion to a minimum. Took a while but worked out well over the course of the whole deal.

Typically first draw, first choice - second draw, second choice..., and so on. The process will take a fair amount of time with the large number of items involved..., as in several days. The last big drawing was done in stages to keep confusion to a minimum. Took a while but worked out well over the course of the whole deal.
Just looked $10015 IIRC And I've said what goes around comes around. The tranny I paid parts didn't need replacement:laughing::yes: My mechanic is paying back most of the money I paid for the replacement tranny:laugh: so I can blame relief on doing for others in a needyer place for ease in aspects of my life. Now I can share more with..........

Just comparing stats that are readily available at this site, @Jon1212 has four times as many likes, in only half the messages posted as you. Statistically speaking, I'd say by those numbers, his material posted is at least four times more useful and appreciated by folks on this site.

Further, it does seem that if someone is expressing displeasure for the site, it has more to do with outwardly negative members that would rather argue and stroke their egos, than help people out. Hence, the quoted post ^^^^. Just saying....

It would be more pro if you just passed the raffle by and acted as if you never saw it. There's no requirements here, just volunteered support.

Cheers,

Did your mother have any kids that lived?

Did your mother have any kids that lived?

They not only lived, they grew up to take care of themselves and their families.

It is no secret that Jon1212 was no fan of this website. Ditto for the last raffle recipient.

I can see unexpected medical expenses throwing someone into hard times.

A two and a half month long raffle for moving expenses?

They not only lived, they grew up to take care of themselves and their families.

It is no secret that Jon1212 was no fan of this website. Ditto for the last raffle recipient.

Well.....I hope no one else posts one of our raffles on this site again. The whole "experience" has been just sad.

Good luck in all things Del.....I hope you never end up needing any help.....

I found it from this site. I got a notification of the tread from Tapatalk for AS I didn't get the same from OPE so I may have missed it, not being a true regular on either site.

I found it from this site. I got a notification of the tread from Tapatalk for AS I didn't get the same from *** so I may have missed it, not being a true regular on either site.

I can only speak for myself, but I really don't ever want to see any raffle that I'm personally involved in posted on this site again.

There are a lot of really great people here, but it's just not worth having to wade though the piles of dung to interact with them.

Any of them go to school to become the judges of when, where and what a raffle should be? Or, was that strictly your calling?

If you don't support the raffle, or wish to participate in a positive way--move along and stop posting negative comments that are attempts at swaying other folks that may want to participate.

In other words, it is not a display of your best character to keep trying to sabotage the efforts of others in this thread.

most people would never air their personal problems online.

Back