Champion 27 ton Issues/questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vikings123456

Reaction score
Hello,
I have been doing some research and can not find any answers.
I bought a fairly new 27 ton champion log splitter.
I was using it for a few hours and then one of the hydraulic hoses shot off. This happened two more time. I removed the hose clamp, and added two new ones and have not had any other issues, but was wondering if anyone has a better repair?

Also, does anyone happen to know if any log cradles fit? I can not find a champion version for sale at all. Any thoughts?
Thanks.

The only hoses that will have hose clamps are the suction hose from tank to pump and return hose from valve to filter. The suction hose has no pressure only vacuum. The return hose should only reach about 15 psi , due to bypass in filter housing, if this hose blows off there is blockage in the return line.

Okay, good to know.

I took it out today and split woods for roughly 45 minutes without issue in regards to any hoses coming off. The other issue i had though was a leak from the lever position (the plastic end cap). It rained down when the splitter was being used. Could this be a bad seal?

I had one that did the same thing. Took it for repair and they put a new pump on. Still did the same thing. Then I saw there was no hole in the breather cap like my old splitter. Drilled a hole and it was fine.

Attached is a picture and you can see it leaking from the plastic cap. Where did you drill a hole at? the plastic end piece?
splitter picture.jpg

If you can weld or have a friend who can, you can make a custom log cradle for your splitter. I made this one years ago. Pulls off when not needed. A small in-feed cradle would also be good, which I don’t have.
E8501678-6EF2-4FD2-8862-1AFCDB15A53A.jpeg

Back